are you a city aspie or a country aspie?

Page 6 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

are you a city aspie, a country aspie, or in-between?
I am a city aspie :) 24%  24%  [ 20 ]
I am a country aspie :) 38%  38%  [ 32 ]
I'm a suburban/exurban aspie :) 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
I'm from mars or venus or pluto :) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
I'm from some other unspecified place :) 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
I wanna nice yummy ice cream :bounce: 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 84

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:20 am

ElabR8Aspie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:
Fringe dweller,i dip my toes and retreat.

the fringe of the city?

Yup,on the outskirts,peace and quiet,where i can to retreat to,for sanity reasons. Best of both worlds.

if I could afford such, i'd prolly do the same. the closer one gets to the city, the more expen$ive everything gets.

Work with what you got and strive where you want to be. There are many ways to skin a cat.: )

mebbe when I am able to collect my pension and social security, I will have more breathing room to consider a move to a fancier location.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 5:25 am

auntblabby wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
ElabR8Aspie wrote:
Fringe dweller,i dip my toes and retreat.

the fringe of the city?

Yup,on the outskirts,peace and quiet,where i can to retreat to,for sanity reasons. Best of both worlds.

if I could afford such, i'd prolly do the same. the closer one gets to the city, the more expen$ive everything gets.

Work with what you got and strive where you want to be. There are many ways to skin a cat.: )

mebbe when I am able to collect my pension and social security, I will have more breathing room to consider a move to a fancier location.

Yeah,you work with what you got.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
where is this randian-dominated island you described?

Between Vancouver and Victoria, BC, Canada. The damn Olympics really cooked the real estate market, and it hasn't gotten any better. About half of the rental units in BC are illegal, leaving tenants completely at the mercy of the landlords. One who escaped then had his houseboat sunk, etc.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:33 am

auntblabby wrote:
whatamievendoing wrote:
I'm the happy medium. I dislike big cities with their noise levels, but I'm not entirely fond of the quiet isolation of the countryside either. Small towns, though, I find to be the perfect midway point.

if you lived 40 minutes outside of a small town, would that be close enough for you, to civilization?

No, that'd be about 20 minutes too far.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 6:08 am

Dear_one wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
where is this randian-dominated island you described?

Between Vancouver and Victoria, BC, Canada. The damn Olympics really cooked the real estate market, and it hasn't gotten any better. About half of the rental units in BC are illegal, leaving tenants completely at the mercy of the landlords. One who escaped then had his houseboat sunk, etc.

that is unfortunate that greed has invaded your fair land.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 7:53 am

Dear_one wrote:
I also hear moos in the evening, when the cattle are protesting their sudden removal from their pastures and sale for slaughter. It is not pleasant. Given a chance, even a bull makes a loving pet.

My mooers are a dairy herd, and yes, I do realise that even that causes meat byproduct. Agree about the bulls. I used to hunt rabbit in a field of four bulls and they became good friends of mine. I'd be lying prone and they come up behind and chew my underpants. There's nothing quite like the hot, coarse tongue of a bull across your buttocks to wake you from your reverie :) Lovely animals.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

untilwereturn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2017, 8:17 am

I'm not sure how to best answer the poll, so I checked from some other, unspecified place. I grew up in rural New England, which means my roots are definitely country. My grandparents on both sides were blue collar farmers and did a variety of other physical jobs to make ends meet. Country is where I hope to return one day.

For the present, I'm living in a smaller city in Tennessee. It's tolerable, and has its conveniences. But I'd rather be somewhere where there are more animals than people.

My Official Facebook Page

guineapiggirl23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2017, 8:50 am

I grew up in the city, but I kinda want to live in a rural country area, I wanna keep some chickens and horses

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 8:58 am

I live in a city that's one of the top 10 most "ghetto" places to live in my state, so ghetto aspie.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 11:36 am

BTW, I came back to WP to get some tips on where and if to move next. I've just broken my record for length of residence, and hoped to never move again, but I'll have to get over my sleep disorder to stay even in this small town, and if I do, the city would be an option again. Overall, I was happier in the city, but that was before all the PTSD.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 1:35 pm

I live out in the English countryside surrounded by farmland and woodland. Love the peace and quite and going for long walks to see the wildlife.

I travel into London for meetings at work now and again and find it hard. Could not live anywhere noisier.

Would like to live by the coast.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 1:54 pm

Biscuitman wrote:
I live out in the English countryside surrounded by farmland and woodland. Love the peace and quite and going for long walks to see the wildlife.

I travel into London for meetings at work now and again and find it hard. Could not live anywhere noisier.

Would like to live by the coast.

Be careful what you wish for! :D

Seriously though, I would like to live along a better stretch of coast, too. I miss the south-west, especially Dorset, Devon and Cornwall from my childhood holidays. Beautiful coastline. Have no idea about the average living costs there, though.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 3:42 pm

Suburban who enjoys ice cream :wink:

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:26 pm

I chose country aspie - because I´d like to be with plants, animals, mud, worms - in total peace (even with spiders) :P

Last edited by Jensen on 18 Apr 2017, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 5:35 pm

country.

i would only ever move to a city if the reason was incredibly important.

Quiet Water
Raven
Raven

18 Apr 2017, 6:10 pm

Born in suburbs, living in country and currently commuting to city but considering giving up the city job to have more time to garden, forage, possibly build a henhouse and get a few chickens, and generally live the country life.