Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 27 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 35  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2020, 3:54 pm

Tuupituri - my "finnization" of Polish phrase which is not polite and is even considered vulgar and means "opening in the rear end". "Tuupi" - booty, "turi" - hole.

Kalarnik, kalarnia - my Polish neologisms which mean buttocks or anus, rear end, regio glutealis. Based on Polish word "kał" ("feces"), ł (pronounced like "w" in English) becomes "l" in these derivatives, after it there are (something like) suffixes.

Noinko - word formed from first two letters in phrase "nowa interpretacja Koranu" ("new interpretation of Quran").

Arsenal - my neologism for alloy or binary compound of arsenic and aluminium (especially with the formula AlAs).

Scandal - neologism for alloy of scandium and aluminium.

Te(chn)ologia - play of Polish words for theology (teologia) and technology (technologia). My mentality thinks that it is very good in theology but very bad in technology. Chn - letters symbolizing first and last sounds in words "Christian" and "chrześcijanin". Also the consonants in words "China" ("Chiny").

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2020, 4:49 pm

Scanit - word formed by first three letters of phrase scandium nitrogen (or scandfium
nitride). Chemical elements of atomic numbers 21 and 7. 21 7 is my most coincident double.
Skandazot - concatenation of words skand and azot, which means scandium and nitrogen.

Glingal - blend of Polish words glin and gal (which means aluminium and gallium). They are elements with atomic numbers 13 and 31 (my another coincident double).
Alugal - word formed by three first letters of words aluminium and gallium.

Borvan - word formed by three first letters in words boron and vanadium (chemical elements with atomic numbers 5 and 23).
Borwanad - concatenation of Polish words bor and wanad, which mean chemical elements with symbols B and V.

Bermag - word formed by three first letters of names of elements with atomic numbers 4 and 12 (beryllium and magnesium). From four first letters the word berymagn would be produced.
Magber - magnesium first, beryllium next. Three first letters of these words. Four first letters concatenated will form word magnbery.

Licafl - word formed by two first letters of names of chemical elements with atomic numbers 3, 6, 9 (lithium, carbon, fluorine). Litcarflu - from three first letters of them.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 4:46 pm

I'm in a contemplaintive mood tonight....

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2020, 4:18 pm

Diarrhea pillows, diarrhoea pillows, poo pillows - the buttocks. Of course :)

Fecal pipes - intestines, especially large intestine. Is it vulgar? Sh*t pipe for an intestine would be rude.

Brass we pass by the a** - feces :)

Ufolec - Polish colloquial, offensive, derogarory word for an alien, extraterrestrial. My mentality would say that this word is describing especially aliens flying in saucers/discs or grey ones, with large all-black, almond-shaped eyes, big head and slim other parts of the body (although I do not believe in extraterrestrial life). First three letters obviously come from English abbreviation UFO. -ol, -l is some sort of suffix forming masculine nouns, like additional suffix -ec. Word "ufolec" looks similar to the word "stolec", which means "stool" (feces, excrement).

Hypoalienous, alienous, alienic, peralienic (Polish: podkosmitawy, kosmitawy, kosmitowy, nadkosmitowy) - chemical neologisms for fictional compunds of an alien or alienium, I might imagine that it is the element from which extraterrestrial lifeforms are built (especially intelligent ones), words are analogous to words: hypochlorous, chlorous, chloric, perchloric (Polish: podchlorawy, chlorawy, chlorowy, nadchlorowy) used to describe compounds of chlorine with different oxidation levels (from the lowest to the highest).

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2020, 3:36 pm

Altiga - word formed from concatenated symbols of elements with atomic numbers: 13, 22, 31 (Al, Ti, Ga) in which only first letter is a capital letter (or there even can be no capital letters in this word). Backwards: agitla.

Gatial - word formed from concatenated symbols of elements with atomic numbers: 31, 22, 13 (Ga, Ti, Al) in which only first letter is a capital letter (or there even can be no capital letters in this word). Backwards: laitag.

13, 22, 31 - arithmetic sequence which is a palindrome. Elements with atomic numbers 13 and 31 belong to group 13 of the periodic table (boron group).

YSSI - acronym of the phrase "you see something inconceivable". That phrase occurred in comment in the evil-containing game Fallout of Nevada after entering special encounter named Big Hole. I had a lot of coincidences associated with that game, often also with Big Hole encounter.

Pomosc - word formed from concatenation of letters in symbols of chemical elements with atomic numbers: 84, 42, 21 (Po, Mo, Sc), there can be no capital letters in the word.

Azoska - word formed by first three letters of the words in Polish name of scandium nitride (chemical compound of elements with atomic numbers 21 and 7) - azotek skandu.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2020, 8:18 am

From the title- how about "Idiosyncretic" for a new word? It would mean something like "Combining aspects of different belief systems in a manner that is unique to one person." It would also troll spelling-nazis something rotten.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 6:55 am

Or "idiosynchronised", which is when two or more people are sooooo wacky and original in exactly the same way.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2020, 1:12 pm

Orbituary - a short article remembering the mission of a satellite that's just burnt up in earth's atmosphere.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Jul 2020, 1:20 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
From the title- how about "Idiosyncretic" for a new word? It would mean something like "Combining aspects of different belief systems in a manner that is unique to one person." It would also troll spelling-nazis something rotten.

How about idiosyncretinic:
Combining aspects of different belief systems in a manner that is unique to one person and really stupid?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2020, 3:11 pm

Cinasise - word which is concatenation of letters in Polish phrase C i N, As i Se (where C, N, As, Se are chemical symbols of carbon, nitrogen, arsenic, selenium and words "i" means "and"). Word "cinasise" read backwards is "esisanic".
Borsilvan - word formed by three first letters of names of chemical elements with atomic numbers: 5, 14, 23 (boron, silicon, vanadium). Backwards: navlisrob.
Borvannio - word formed by three first letters of names of chemical elements with atomic numbers: 5, 23, 41 (boron, vanadium, niobium). Backwards: oinnavrob.

Arsenical pillows - the buttocks (humorously, associated with rude British word for rear end). "Dung pillows", "dung hills" mean the same - also two rounded parts of human rump, but such a phrases may be considered vulgar by some people (as such a phrase with word "dung").

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 3:37 pm

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2020, 3:47 pm

I like ufolec.

You...you...you.... ufolec you!! !! !! !

This will be my new retaliatory response.

I have nothing to contribute.
I'm just enjoying your brains at work here.

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 1:13 pm

"Spidral" = "spiral and spidery."
"Sparecase" = a seldom-used back staircase.
So "spidral sparecase" = someone really, really needs to go up there with a duster. Someone else.

Jiheisho
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2020, 5:06 pm

Hypocracy, the best form of government...

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2020, 12:48 pm

Jiheisho wrote:
Hypocracy, the best form of government...

All the hypocrats have to take the Hypocratic Oath. This creates a logical paradox as the Oath binds the swearer to "Break all promises."

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2020, 12:52 pm

Virtualism (Polish: wirtualizm) - "religion", "philosophy" which says that the reality in which a single person lived is not "totally" real, it says that other persons in the world are "fictional", not real, not conscious; virtualism is somewaht similar to solipsism and thinks the Universe/reality is only a part of (very complicated) "computer/video game" or "film" (something like them). It is very kooky. My mentality generates such a sort of temptations.

Soliegot - word formed by first four letters of the words "solipsism" and "egotheism". Ultimately bizarre heresy which says that "I" am the God and the only conscious, sentient being whioch exists at all. Also "soliegoth".

Virmor (Polish: wirmor) - word formed by first three letters of the words "virtualism" and "moraunism". It is a dangerous, severely peculiar heresy. It says that the reality in which "I" live is virtual, not true and that there are no harsh divine punishments at all, but only eternal salvation which would be eventually given top everyone, to every person or sentient being which exists.