Neologism, word playing, idiosyncratic humour

Page 26 of 35 [ 546 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 35  Next

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2020, 5:59 pm

Spergeyndrom - word comes from concatenation of words "Asperger syndrome" in which first and last letters were removed. Without concatenation it would give "sperge yndrom". First and last letters in phrase "Asperger syndrome" (in words forming it) produce rude word for rear end in British English :)

Wiezam - word formed by first three letters of Polish phrase "Wielki Zamęt", wchich means soemthing like "Big Confusion". It could be pronunciated like "vye zahm" (in Polish way) or "vee tsa(:)m" (in German way).
"Bigcon" (English equivalent) does not look so good.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 3:05 pm

Wicam - Polish spelling of German pronunciation of word "Wiezam".

TOW - abbreviation of the phrase "theological-ontological weapon".
Harcel - concatenation of first three letters of words forming phrases "hard celibacy" or "harsh celibacy".

Rarsal - concatenation of first three letters in words forming phrase "rare salvation".
Rarsalism, rarsaler, rarsaller, rarsalic - other derivatives of rarsal.

Unisolego - word formed by three first letters of words: universalism, solipsism, egotheism (their are very dangerous heresies).
Morsolego - word formed by three first letters of words: moraunism, solipsism, egotheism (their are very dangerous heresies).
Solego - blend of solipsism and egotheism.
Solipsegothe - another blend of solipsism and egotheism.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2020, 5:53 pm

ULLINCK - abbreviation of Polish phrase "ukryte liczbowe, literowe i naukowe cuda Koranu" ("hidden numerical, literal and scientific miracles of Quran"). 304 results for word ULLINCK in Google, they are not asscoiated with the phrase above.

Rasare - word formed by first two letters in words forming phrase "rare-salvation religion".

Aucoriphrenia - blend of aucorigia and phrenia (especially schizophrenia).
Aukoryfrenia - Polish word for aucoriphrenia.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 6:01 pm

Enakari - word formed by reading the phrase "Ira Kane" backwards and concatenating resulting words.
Enacari - othe spelling of Enakari. Words formed from Enacari/Enakari: enacaric, enakaric, enakaris, enacaris, enacarism, enakarism, enacarian, enakarian, enacarists, enakarists, enakarist, enacarist...

Velcosamentis, velcosamentus - some of latinized words which are neologisms formed from Polish phrase "wielki zamęt".

Grey heart, greyheart, Polish "szare serce" - my phrase for Sagem Fast 800 (a modem). Sagem F@st 800 was in my home in 2008.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2020, 5:57 pm

Schizoautism (SA) - a condition which is mix of schizo disorders and PDD. It is developmental and can make mentality really "creepy".

Neoschizoautism (NSA, nSA) - my neologism for my disorder. It is different from typical schizophrenia and typical ASD, but was diagnosed as schizotypal disorder and Asperger's syndrome at the same moment (for some time there was diagnosis of schizophrenia, but without PDD). It was severely bizarre and quite disabling despite lack of many symptoms common in typical cases of F2x and ASD. It might be misnamed as a sort/subtype of NVLD by some.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2020, 2:28 pm

Pozorna kupa, pozornakupa - my Polish neologism for shampoo. Formed because words "pozorna" means something like "sham"(apparent, mock) and word "kupa" means "poo" (feces, excrement).

Breastshadow - word for "ring". In Polish it is "pierścień". Formed because Polish word "pierś" means "breast" and Polish "cień" means "shadow".

(A) Proto-Indo-European word for ring is reconstructed as something similar to "hehno". From that word Latin "anus" comes. So "hehno" - "anus". Buttocks (rear end) were named as something like "hersos" in reconstruction (from it come crude English term for rear end, American and British).

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2020, 6:13 am

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2020, 9:13 am

A poopstorm just about summarizes what we are all having right now.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2020, 3:15 pm

Muchomorno - my Polish neologism for a place where many mushrooms from genus Amanita grow. Especially Amanita muscaria.

Wielkojajowy - an adjective in Polish, my neologism (but the word was found in Google (results were in really small number) and was not placed in results by me), associated with big/huge/large/giant/enormous egg(s). An English counterpart might be the words like "bigeggy", "gianteggy". I might use the word "wielkojajowy" (and its forms or counterparts like feminine singular "wielkojajowa", neuter singular "wielkojajowe") to describe some of my coincidences (associated with something which I named "giant egg" - phrase L5-AA23 TK-421 which is in Vault-Tec logo present in some of games from Fallout series (and the games contain evil contests which are dangerous, especially spiritually)). In game Fallout of Nevada there is a special encounter with giant egg.

Sevulapine - not found in Google.

Kemanogluve - also not found by search engine.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2020, 4:57 pm

Enipaluves - word "sevulapine" read backwards. Looks pretty nice.

Evulgonamek - word "kemanogluve" read backwards.

Harszen - my Polish neologism for buttocks and their region, rear end. Especially for provocatively bared male regio glutealis. I do not want to incite immodest thoughts, feelings, temptations etc. Associated with English rude word for buttocks or anus (in British English) and the word "arsen" ("male" in Greek(?) and "arsenic" (chemical element) in Polish). "H" is in "harszen" usually pronunciated like "kh" in transliteration of Russian words and "sz" like hard "sh" in Russian transliterations.

Jars, jarsz, jers, jersz - my hypothetized descendants of reconstructed Proto-Indo-European *h₃érsos (behind, ar*e) in Polish language. These four words mean "buttocks".

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 1:11 pm

Kopnij mnie w arsen - Polish phrase which literally means "kick me in arsenic". Arsenic, of course, means rear end. Especially one covered with poop which is stinky and filthy.

Odgazowywać arsen, odgazowywać arsena - "to degas arsenic" (first phrase is masculine inanimate and rather would mean something associated with chemical element, second one is masculine animate and quite cleraly is about buttocks (despite word for buttock ("pośladek" is inanimate))). It is my neologism which means "to poot", "to toot", "to flatulate" or, crudely speaking, "to fa*t".

Krembailavec - word which was not found by Google today.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2020, 4:02 pm

Pocałuj mnie w arsen, pocałuj mój arsen (inanimate), pocałuj mojego arsena (animate) - Polish neologism for "kiss my a**".

Arsenówa, (dimunitive) arsenówka - noun which means something bad, with poor quality.

Awaria arsena - diarrhea. Especially smelly (really smelly) and watery. Also my neologism. Based on existing phrase with common Polish vulgarity for buttocks instead od the word "arsen(a)" which also means diarrhea in slang.

Czas złożyć twojego arsena do grobu - threat of killing someone based on one of combat taunts in Fallout 2 game, it is worse when someone uses phrases like it in real life. Literally: "time to put your arsenic in a grave".

Tak cię kopnę w arsena, że ci krówno kręgosłup połamie - literally: I will kick you arsenic so that poo will break your spine". It is "censored" (by using my neologisms) form of Polish version of another combat taunt from FO2 (with "arsena" instead of "d**ę" (buttocks in accusative singular) and "krówno" instead of "g***o" (feces)), in English version of the game it is "I'm going to kick your a** so hard you'll be wearing your a** as a hat", which in free translation to Polish means "zamierzam skopać ci d*** tak mocno, że będziesz nosił swoją d*** jako kapelusz".

Smrodownia - Polish term (my neologism) for an a**, especially human a** which smells disgusting due to flatulence or fecal matter or sweat between the buttocks. It literally means something like "stench room".

Smrodownica - another neologism for buttocks and their region. Might be translated to something like "stencher" (place or appliance with the purpose of stinking).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2020, 2:04 am

Not mine, but:

Yeah, they fake and all that, carryin' gats
But yo, my Clan rollin' like forty macks

Other rap groups claimed to be gangsta, but Rae is dismissing them as insincere, the men are appropriating an image that is a stereotype but not part of that person's life. He contrasts this with Wu-Tang who were known for showing up to shows with very large entourages, when they show up it's like forty pimps walked in the door, and/or, he's claiming said entourage shows up with like forty MAC-10 submachine guns and if they let off it's going to be like getting hit with the force of forty Mack trucks.

Yeah that's right that's a triple entendre.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Erewhon
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2020, 6:01 am

"I have a 'divorce' in my hair" :)

To understand the picture below you have to know a bit of the dutch language, and a bit of the englisch language. :)
The dutch word for 'divorce' is 'scheiding'
But the word 'scheiding' have more than 1 meaning in dutch.
I dont know how the haircut is called in englisch but i dont think its called 'divorce'

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2020, 3:21 pm

Śmierdnica, śmiardnica - regio glutealis, gluteal region.
Śmierdniak, śmiardniak - meaning the same as above.

Stinkcave - rectum or anus (is this word vulgar? I have a hope that it is not rude).

Hole for indole and skatole - a neologism for anus, but is "hole" impolite when refers to anus? There can be thinking that in this case (when words "skatole" and "indole" are present, they have similar endings as the word "hole") the naming of "anus" as a "hole" is not sinful... Skatole (and indole also?) are found in human stool and give it its repulsive odor.

IndoleNT - the word which could come to the mind as a blend of "indole" and "NT". The word may means "lazy, idle and neurotypical" in literal translation which could be funny for some.

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2020, 5:41 pm

FOLS - abbreviation of the phrase "fear of large suffering". Maybe my biggest mental health problem.

Folsic, folser, folsing, folsity, folsous - "descendants" of the abbreviation FOLS.

Nololudek - "space alien", "E.T.". From Polish "NOL" (abbreviation of "niezidentyfikowany obiekt latający" which means "unidentified flying object" (UFO)). UFO is much more common term in Poland than NOL, however. Other words formed from NOL are for example: "nolita" (passenger of a NOL, "extraterrestrial messenger"), "nolonauta" (UFOnaut, practically the same as "nolita"), "nolologia" ("ufology"), nololog ("ufologist").

Ufolec - not my neologism, but a word which looks funny for my mentality. It means "space alien", "passenger of UFO". It is colloquial, derogatory, offensive in my opinion. It looks similar to the Polish word "stolec" which means "stool", "feces", "excrement". Shorter version is "ufol" which the same meaning and similar character.