Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 2:57 pm

I've been denied three times from a forum I want to join. They have this thing where you have to get admin approval to join. The first time they denied me, they said my name was 'too personal' when it was just LokiofSassgard, which I use everywhere. However, they said I was welcome to join with a different name. So, I joined with a second name as LilySnow. Well, they denied me that time again. This time, no reason why. They just flat out denied me. AFTER THEY SAID I WAS OKAY TO JOIN AGAIN. Well, I join with a different name again, thinking "Okay, it's a common name". I joined with AcaiMeadow... and they denied me a third time.

It was very upsetting to me. I even told them it was upsetting and that I was autistic. Usually, people are more understanding of that stuff the way I explain to them. I haven't gotten any emails back from them about this situation, and I feel like they are discriminating me before they even give me a chance. It's not like I'm going to parade my autism around trying to get special treatment on the forums. I'm not that kind of person anymore. I mean, once or twice is fine but... a third time? Really? They won't even give me any reasons for this, and I nearly started crying because it was so upsetting too.

I don't know what else to do. I really want to join the forum I tried to get on.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2014, 3:55 pm

Have you tried to ask them to come up with a suitable nickname for you? Like give you three names to pick from.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 4:03 pm

Swiper wrote:
Have you tried to ask them to come up with a suitable nickname for you? Like give you three names to pick from.

No because they won't respond to me. I've emailed them three times already about this.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2014, 4:08 pm

How long have you waited for an answer?

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm

All day yesterday and today... so that's two days.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Dec 2014, 4:09 pm

That doesn't sound like the type of forum I would want to belong to.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2014, 4:12 pm

How large is the forum? If it's a small forum with few admins then it might take a while before getting a response. They might be busy with real life. I would suggest waiting until Monday before assuming that you will not get a response.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 4:21 pm

Swiper wrote:
How large is the forum? If it's a small forum with few admins then it might take a while before getting a response. They might be busy with real life. I would suggest waiting until Monday before assuming that you will not get a response.

It seems like a pretty active forum. I don't know how many admins there are. I know it took them a while to deny my membership there. =.= I tried signing up a fourth time, and if they deny me again... I'm going to leave it up to the fact that they are being very discriminating.

The forum itself seems like it has great people, it's just the admins who are being as*holes here. They are the ones who are denying me each time.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 5:05 pm

Update: I got denied again. This time, this was their reason for it... "Your forum account has been declined for ban-hopping. Please contact us for more information." If they would stop judging me and give me a damn chance, I wouldn't be trying to join over and over!!

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2014, 5:44 pm

Have you been banned for any reason from that forum before?

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm

Swiper wrote:
Have you been banned for any reason from that forum before?

I haven't even been able to join the forums. They keep denying my requests to become a member there! I've tried contacting them, and they refuse to respond to me. I've waited for two days for a response. They shouldn't take this long to send me a message about this.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2014, 5:51 pm

For some reason they seem to believe that you are an existing user who are trying to circumvent a temporary ban by using somebody else's account. It's possible that you share IP-address with a troublemaker that's already registered on the forum. I would suggest that you do as that message tells you to do, contact the admin for more information.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 5:53 pm

I don't think that's the case though. I think they are just being jerks about this. I've already tried contacting them, and they refuse to respond to me.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Dec 2014, 5:59 pm

If that's the case, then move on. You shouldn't waste your time dealing with jerks.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 7:54 pm

I think it's probably an automated glitch. Probably somehow your IP address is triggering it. Like there's no one actually reviewing it, it's just being automatically blocked. If you want to PM me the name of the forum, I'll try to see if I can get registered and if I do I'll talk to the admin. I might even be a member already, I've joined so many forums aha

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm

Thanks Ezra. :3 I sent you information on how to contact them!