Did/do your school teachers dislike you?

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 12:47 am

My mom says that many of my teachers, particularly from 1st to 5th grade, disliked me, and a few even seemed to really despise me. I remember one in particular, she would always give things to other students for being good, but no matter how hard I tried to be good she would always yell at me (literally yell) for something. One time she yelled at me to sit down, me specifically, even though several of my classmates were also not seated. My mom witnessed this and several other instances of this teacher being mean to me.

One time I won in a class contest, the 3 top-voted projects (posters campaigning against drug and alcohol use) were supposed to get a candy of their choice from the teacher. I won 1st for my poster, but she said something about me cheating to the whole class, which wasn't even true, and gave the 2nd place winner 1st, and I got 2nd. Well fine, I still get my candy bar, right? Nope. Every single day she said I wasn't behaving, so she would leave the candy bar on her desk and not give it to me. I never even knew what I was doing, I was trying to "be good". This went on for at least a week, at which point I got fed up and took it while she was gone. Of course, the whole class tattled on me when she got back, so she took it and said it was hers now. :evil:

Most of my teachers weren't that mean to me, but a lot of them didn't like me because they said I didn't listen to instructions and I would just fold paper in class instead of working. And I also had behavioral problems, because I would get extremely angry at kids for bullying me, and I am pretty sure I also had meltdowns somewhat often, which were seen as me just being a trouble-maker.

Is this similar to your experience in school with teachers?

- Sherlock Holmes

RagingShadow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Dec 2014, 1:13 am

I was really smart, very quiet, and got along with people their age (30-50) than people my age. I was very shy so I didn't talk in class, I was detail oriented so I never had late work, and I was ahead of grade level so I didn't need extra help. They liked me cause I was an easy student; they didn't have to put any effort into me.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 1:31 am

Yes. Most teachers were unkind to me. Obviously they saw something bad in me that wasn't actually there. Teachers made me feel that I was a really bad person. I wondered what made me so bad when I knew I was good inside. They helped me not to develop self-esteem. Ignorant teachers can do a lot of harm to some students. One of my teachers told my mother that I needed to change my personality. My mother had always had very low opinion of him any way.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 1:37 am

RagingShadow wrote:
I was really smart, very quiet, and got along with people their age (30-50) than people my age. I was very shy so I didn't talk in class, I was detail oriented so I never had late work, and I was ahead of grade level so I didn't need extra help. They liked me cause I was an easy student; they didn't have to put any effort into me.

That's how I was once I hit 6th grade, since then most of my teachers have liked me.

- Sherlock Holmes

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 1:49 am

I am sure my speech therapist in 6th grade didn't like me and the special ed teacher and the school principal and another staff person.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 2:17 am

It was mixed. I had a few who out and out bullied me and I was for the most part the shy and extremely nervous sort. On the other hand I had a few that were genuinely nice to me.

- Albert Einstein

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 4:15 am

Mixed. Some teachers like-dislike me. (Likes me for being a 'better student', but dislikes me for 'misbehaving' a lot at the same time) Most of my classmates bullied me or use me back in elementary, most of them ignore it. Those teachers who dislike me are practically impatient ones (their most faults is mistaken me for being a liar). While the ones who liked me, up to the point they had me namesake one of their daughters. At least none of them told me I deserved to be bullied.
My part-time SpEd teacher is rather patient back when I was at 2nd grade. Still very inclusive, until now we still kept in touch.
In high school, when one of the teachers found out about my diagnosis, they all start treating me like a baby. -.- It continued in college, which made me a bit paranoid if they DO like me to begin with, or really dislike me and they're just being easy on me.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 5:16 am

Most of them did. They all saw I was unwilling to learn and didn't put forth any effort in classes.

Some liked me, but I think it was out of pity, as in.. poor kid, he's so different. Problem is I took full advantage of those teachers. Sure glad I'm far out of school..

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 9:41 am

the teachers mostly ignored me. I was invisible, very quiet, and often sat in the back row. They couldnt be mean to me because my mother was a teacher in my school, although she wasnt allowed to teach my class, because it's against the rules for a mother to teach her own kid.

One teacher was very angry at me because of my horrible handwritting. I couldnt understand how to hold a pencil the right way. She took the notebook and went out in the middle of a thunderstorm, into the mud. Dont know who she showed it to, maybe the principal, maybe my mother. Mostly they left me alone though. Although they did complain to my mother that I didnt make friends and got away from the other kids during recess.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 12:19 pm

Teachers tended to dislike me because I didn't raise my hand. Later, it was a mixed bag.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm

Much appreciated by teachers, but not the one from sports, later on not so much anymore. Once on a schooltrip I got punished (but it wasn't true what was hold against me) and for punishment I had to stay with the teachers in their house the rest of the week. That was great and not a punishment at all. Trouble was with the parents whom didn't believe me, either.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 2:51 pm

I would have to say that all my teacher where neutral, except one, and he was a real a$$hole. That teacher dreamed of anything he could do to make my life miserable.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 2:53 pm

My mother told me that one preschool teacher really didn't like me.
In grade school and junior high, I don't know, as I couldn't tell, whether someone liked or didn't like me.
Looking back, it seems like the teachers did like me or at least didn't dislike me.
In high school, I was great student, and I think most teachers liked me.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 3:55 pm

There is one teacher who was called Mr Woods, who taught me between the ages of 7 and 9 who really took a dislike to me. He made me stand against the blackboard regularly and one day, he shouted in my ear, 'I don't like you' and I was left crying outside by the road outside the school. After that incident, I was removed from the school and my mother made it clear what she thought about that teacher.

I do remember, however, getting on better with some teachers than with my peer group at school.

DarkAscent
Toucan
Toucan

25 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm

A learning assistant at my previous school hated me and made my life a misery there because I was able to learn sign language faster (which she was very interested in) and had to correct her a couple of times when she was teaching the wrong signs. She bullied other SEN students like me and would regularly humiliate my friend who has NVLD by telling her that she was "stupid" and "held her class back". My friend was also supposed to have her as a scribe in her exams but the LSA told her, "you have two hands. You can write yourself."

Another time, she was supposed to be supervising my class and I hadn't heard an important verbal instruction (which wasn't written down either). She screamed at me, "You should have listened more!" in front of my class. I don't know how she even became a learning assistant in the first place with her bullying nature.

I'm just so glad that I don't have to deal with her anymore. Out of the teachers that I dislike the most, she ranks as one of the highest.

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm

Am I the only one who keeps reading the first word in the title as "Dildo"? (Sorry for the interruption.)