Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 12:49 pm

I am now still in a hospital which originally was going to give me that operation , BOTH PARTS of it , the chopping then the rehab , but , then started acting bizarrely schizzy (The only term I can use .) in what they told me to do , and started moving to repeating that " After you've had both your toes chopped off you won't need rehab at all " narrative , then declared me discharged because I questioned them trying to rush me into an operation with no effective written consent from me , though I'm still hanging around (with an ultrà-cheapo tablet I got) , I think because there's no-one around on weekends to take the PICC-line out of me . What I described above took place the 18th-20th . (but I'd already been there a weekish}

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 7:49 pm

Those doctors and nurses should also allow you to have rehab like they allow their regular patients. Everybody should have the same access to the same care, no matter what their social class is. I hope and pray that you get the services you need and deserve.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

...Thank you . I am about to watch Disney stuff on Turner Classic Movies ,
The hospital here is now blatantly lying to me (non-truth telling , anyway) .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 7:51 pm

...I am out of the hospital now .
I don't want to go into now the things which happened in the hospital , PM Aunt Blabby and ask him to tell you , but , it kind of boiled down to , besides those won't-go-into-them , that they were backing away from , or it seemed so , the promise that I would have some kind of rehab/recovery to learn to walk again , they seemed to be backing away from/softening that , and advancing this " You don't need any rehab after having both your toes cut off " , i.e. , if you extend that , saying that a night's sleep after you have your toes , you'll be able to walk again just as you did before ! I greatly disagree with this statement , I don't care what Web site says it !
Does anyone here REALLY think that that is so ?
MAYBE some doctor-distinction about the difference between " rehab " , " recovery " , and whatever ~ Which I suppose I use interchangably ~ is an issue here ~ Maybe .
The hospital ( a doctor ~ someone , oh I forget what exactly they were saying then , they went back and forth so :-( `) said something like " You've been so inbetween seeming curable and amputation materia for such a time..." and , too , esentially said to me , " If you got your toes cut off it would be over much quicker " . Gee thanks .

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 8:05 pm

...nOW , BACK IN sEATTLE:
i HAD TWO WEEKS' ssd , BUT i HAVE A LOT OF THINGS THAT i NEED , INCLUDING THINGS i HAVE TO REPLACE .
iNCLUDING SOME STUFF i HAVE GOT , HERE IS SOME OF THIS STUFF (oMITTING SOME " FUN " STUFF , FOOD , AND MY SOAP/SODA/NEWSPAPERS " DAILY GREASE " .
i NEED A 2ND SET OF CLOTHER BEYOND (Oh , I'm sorry , I'm not a trained typist and see I hae miscapitalized , however , it'll take to much time to retype it , please excuse me . :?) what I am wearing , at least a coupla T-shirts , some pants...........
It is Seattle , though I got a " sorta " raincoat , I don't have a full-fledged one and I have no other anti-rain stuff .
There's other stuff too but I'm forgetting it now .
There is an organization that runs tent cities (and shelters) here , they are sort of cult-ish but I am tempted to try and get a tent space so I could at least (apparently) control my coming in/out time & have more sleep & leave stuff there , I do have a $50 duffle bag (Lewis & Clark brand) which I bought , which been rained upon mucho anyway and is tote-datbarge-lift-dat-bale on my back .
And that tablet (cheepo) that I went to so much trouble to get :cry: ...To-day , I was transfering things from my two Bartell's (local Rite Aid/Walgreen's kind) to the new duffle - and I pushed accientally the tablet to floor and it was broken the last time I looked ! :cry: I thought I would be in touch now :cry: ...........

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

I'm sorry you never got the operation done, ASS-P. And about your broken tablet as well... :-/

I don't think wanting rehab afterwards is too much to ask for. Who are the doctors to say you won't need any rehab? Maybe you won't, maybe you will, but losing both toes sounds like a major change: I'd be nervous about how well I'd be able to walk afterwards.

Not sure what else to say, other than I hope you get another opportunity to have the operation. And that next time the hospital doesn't renege on its promises to provide rehab.

I'd say happy christmas, but it probably isn't terribly happy for you... :-/

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:46 pm

...I was going to post a longer version of the " Stuff I need " list , but , the Seattle libraries closed both today and of cours tomorrow , I am on a FedEx stor's expensive pay machine...Maybe another time .
I am able to ge US Mail at Genral Delivery , though I'd prefer a " real " POB...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 2:52 pm

I can't tell if you got the operation or not.

Were you able to get the operation?

You mentioned that the doctors said that you don't need rehab.

They also said that you're between "cure" and "amputation" material

Sorry for seeming so terse. Sorry about the tablet, too.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 3:14 pm

...I didn't get the operation , for one , the doctorss (Or it least it seemed that way to be) seemed to be weakening/backing up on saying I'd get rehab (As I'll call it) , and were advancing this (At least one was) this jive-ass (Or I believe so) " you don't need rehab after having both of your toes cut off to learn to walk again " theory !

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm

Have the doctors had a GOOD LUCK at your toes?

I feel, sometimes, that the US health system is a crock of crap. I believe everybody is entitled to free decent health care. It's a travesty, really.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2014, 4:14 pm

...Hard to ~ I think they've looked a lot ! !! !! !! !! !! :-- ~ say , I suppose .
Gotta go now~

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2014, 3:44 pm

...With money and difficulty getting across town to the Goodwill (+ the fact that I have to carry this BIG GIGANTIC bag ! Have I mentioned that shelters, by and large DO NOT provide any lockers ?...) ,I willhave to wearthe same,outside outfit ,clothes til' Tuesday at the least:-(...(I will get underwear)