Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 1:16 pm

I so wish to feel it once more... romantic love, which must surely be the most poetically passionate... that happens by chance and circumstance... but, because of exactly that it seems unlikely, as will doesn't dictate fate, I suppose.

For only seven months... ephemeral.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 1:24 pm

Good question. I've "fooled around" with men and women in the past, and although some said they loved me, I'm not so sure. Over the years I did finally realize that I tend to push people away because my words can be abrasive, sarcastic and blunt. I've always hoped I was saying the right things but I guess I wasn't. I hate the fact that I am so prone to saying the wrong things and clearing a room.

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 2:49 pm

I'm loved by someone right now. The feeling is amazing too. I mean we don't like... you know. We are quite affectionate towards each other though. He's a very sweet guy, and I love him so much. <3

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 5:32 pm

I thought I was but now I don't think so anymore.

livnah
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm

I have, and I am currently.

Sometimes it doesn't feel like love, and I can't help but question if that's what they feel for me. There's no way to prove if they do or not, and even asking for proof isn't received well. It's a matter of trust, and I've had to learn to trust over and over again.

As for "chance encounters" with love... There's 7+ billion people on the planet. Do I need to do the math for you?

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm

Yes :heart:

Hansgrohe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Dec 2014, 8:41 pm

I'm going to ignore the typical "there's plenty of fish in the sea" platitude, no offense. I'm not really in a rush for a relationship, and life's a big thing, ya know?

To say it faint, no. I've never felt I have been loved romantically. I'm only 17 though. If I've learned one thing though: relationships, affection, and feelings can be a gigantic beast that can be very funny (and definitely not in a ha ha way).

B19
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 9:11 pm

Yes. I met my soul mate in 1974. He died in 1987. He loved me.

Kruger
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Dec 2014, 9:44 pm

No, and it makes me feel sad.

chagya
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2014, 11:16 pm

I guess not because I have never felt loved by anyone, not romantic love, not familial love, no love, period. I know love exists in this world, I can sense it all around, but I have never felt the warmth of it's embrace.

LupaLuna
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 1:07 am

Ya Know! I might have been loved at sometime(s) in my life. I may never know. Because asperger's disconnects you emotionally from other people. I really have no way of knowing or not.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 3:14 am

Nope. I did, however, have a girl that I really loved at the time tell me almost daily that she loved me. Of course, I found out much later that she was lying, just so I would keep being her plaything. However, once I started getting depressed and "stopped being fun", I was no longer worth being treated like a human being (not that she treated me like one before, to be honest), and had her harassing me for months after I told her to never talk to me again. I had to threaten to loudly and publicly cuss her out if she tried talking to me before she finally backed off.

Yep, good times.

- Sherlock Holmes

Andrejake
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 5:24 am

Romantically, nope. Never. At least not that i know, since i've never been in any kind of romantic relantionship.

Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2014, 5:31 am

I have not. Most of my relationships have been based off one person's self esteem issues. I've never had love, or anything really close to it.

I'm not really looking very hard for it right now, I'm 24 and I work full time night shifts, and dating seems to be nothing more than people looking to soothe their self-esteem issues or sexual needs. True love is very difficult to find at my age in this culture, I figure I'm better off not worrying about it given that the romantic side of my life has made me more stressed and unhappy than it ever made me happy, having that approach has helped cure a lot of my self esteem issues, too. :?

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Dec 2014, 7:56 am

I've been in love before, but it wasn't returned. :(

Hopefully, the next man I fall in love with will love me back.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Dec 2014, 10:51 pm

I have 3x but two of em fell out of love with me after we were having problems. The 3rd still loves me & I still love her. I still love the 1st two as well but know & accept we can never be together. & I love a celeb who never knew I existed after having a huge crush obsession with her.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition