Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 8:02 pm

Does anybody else experience this sensation in your head? Sort of like the tingly sensation you get after sitting on your leg for too long?

Mine are almost always in the same places: back-left, back-right and low-back, but after I've started up on antipsychotics it's lessened a little though not completely gone.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 8:21 pm

Yes...Once I went to a neorologist and told him that I had this tingling in my head...sometimes I feel like it's just numb...he said it "might be migraines"...I told him, no, I get headaches sometimes and very strong at that, but this happens with no headaches...He gave me some medication for "migraines" and needless to say, it didn't work.

Also, once I had what feel like a "zap!" or "short circuit" in my head...Never did find out what that was...but it felt like a bolt of lighting hit my head...

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 8:28 pm

Numb tingling with no pain. Exactly.

Did it stop without medication?

ev8
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2008, 9:11 pm

I get it sometimes. Back left and back right, no lower-back. Definitely feels like it's below the skin. When I was on Wellbutrin for a couple of months last year, I'm pretty sure it increased.

username88
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2008, 10:11 pm

umm.. I think I know what you mean, happens to me every once in a while but I havent used any meds in many years. Also something else happened to me at a much greater scale recently. I wrote about it in my journal..
This is what I wrote: "immence tingly sensation through out my body. felt paralized, found it very difficult to breath or talk. attempted to walk, or sit up, only to slowly get "pulled" back down. whole body shaking.. Seeming to fall in and out of sleep.. although im not sure. Was it a dream? seemed all to real to me.. the way I was laying down could have restricted circulation to my brain, thus causing such adverse affects." ......Any ideas?

herakh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Feb 2008, 9:49 am

yeah, i had it since i was a kid. its kinda hard to describe it, but i feel it like, when i am doing nothing. i found myself holding my head, sometimes scratching it to make it go away. it disappear when im concentrating on doing something else.

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2008, 11:05 am

Scratching doesn't make it go away, it definitely feel like it's below the skin.

For me it momentarily decreased when taking Rsiperdal and Haldol, but it's coming back (slowly but surely) on Seroquel. I told my pdoc about it but she ticked it off as nothing, or something close to nothing.

Disconcerting.