Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

gef
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2014, 8:37 pm

My older brother seems to believe I have AS. I do believe that I am faster in logical deduction than the average and slower in social intuition. Does that mean I have AS? It took me some decades with my slow social intuition but I came to the realization that people who know me intimately like my older brothers and my ex-wife treat me with less respect in certain ways than they treat other adults. I imagine that retarded adults experience something similar. Once example is the use of white lies to manipulate my decision making because they do not trust me to make intelligent decisions on my own. Let me tell you about two white lies my brother and sister in law told me in an attempt to manipulate me into accepting that I have AS. My brother first mentioned AS within the last year. During the conversation he said something like "many people with AS just have their brains wired differently." That was implying that there was nothing wrong with having AS, people with AS were just "different". However, he sent me a comic video and did not realize that while the comedian was acting silly the subtitles described AS as a "disorder". The comment about "brains wired differently" was just a white lie so that I would not feel bad to accept that I have AS. Later my sister in law who is a teacher told me that she loves working with children with AS. I asked her if she loved working with children who do not have AS less than working with those who do and she said no. Caught you with my logical ability! If you think about it the only way those two statements can be consistent is to say she loves working with all children. But if that is true then why did she single out children with AS? It is obvious that she wanting to manipulate me into thinking that there was something positive about having AS so that I would accept that I have it.

Guys and girls, whether or not I have AS I am sure some of you know what it is like to be treated with less respect than other adults and I would love for you to share your experiences. My 10 year old son's mom doesn't even want me talking to his teachers. At my wedding 14 years ago my family embarrassed me by celebrating like they had won the Super Bowl. Recently my ex-wife said it was because retarded people do not usually marry. I said that maybe they thought I had found myself a guardian and thus they were happy that they were relieved of this responsibility.

gef
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Dec 2014, 8:58 pm

Here is a quote that I forgot to include but is evidence that my bro and his wife are liars:
"Discover whether you suffer from autism or Asperger's with this quick screening"
Note the word "suffer"! They did not want me to know that it is a disorder or something that people suffer from!