Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 5:33 am

Anyone else have a feeling of being paralyzed? I have a feeling like I'm a spaceship drifting away from all that is and the fuel has run out and there's no friction around, only vacuum. Or rather there's a lot of friction in some ways but metaphysically beyond that in some center of you vacuum might be an appropriate analogy. Like you aren't you but some tiny thing inside you, in a control room, pushing buttons, but nothing happens. And you're just floating around in space, meaningless.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 5:37 am

I also feel that people around me are total parrots. Totally a product of their conditioning, total puppets. But that I'm just floating around in a sea of these parrots, acknowledging that they are total parrots, but I'm just like a cork in the ocean, nothing to do but keep floating around on the waves.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 5:41 am

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. Because I feel that all those things that I'm floating away from are so meaningless, and all those things that some other people are passionate about are totally meaningless, and they're just total parrots anyway, no matter how much passion they have. I'm not sure if I should take this as a sign that I should try to fight this development, or if it's a good thing and that I should try to fuel it. Maybe it's the ego dying, and that might be a good thing.

tomato
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 9:57 am

I guess you are all so paralyzed that you can't conjure up anything to post in this thread. Maybe this is the end of the world, we're all fading away into separate frozen atoms like a gas expanding into infinity.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 10:00 am

I used to want to be in a coma when I was 12 years of age.

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 4:49 pm

tomato wrote:
Anyone else have a feeling of being paralyzed? I have a feeling like I'm a spaceship drifting away from all that is and the fuel has run out

Better find somewhere to fill up soon. I feel alienated I suppose. Paralyzed at times, when things outside my control get too much to bear my mind switches off. I do regular reality checks. Bit of gardening, feeding the birds, cook decent meals for me and mine, talk to the cats, stuff like that.

Quote:
and there's no friction around, only vacuum.

No such thing, even space is not a total vacuum. Only man-made things like shrink wrap come with vacuum.

Quote:
Because I feel that all those things that I'm floating away from are so meaningless, and all those things that some other people are passionate about are totally meaningless, and they're just total parrots anyway, no matter how much passion they have.

Yup, no meaning to life beyond the one you give it yourself. Whoever said life had any meaning? Why be bothered by meaningless things?

Quote:
Maybe it's the ego dying

Only you can decide...

Quote:
Maybe this is the end of the world, we're all fading away into separate frozen atoms like a gas expanding into infinity.

I'm ready for it I suppose. Found my way back couple of times before. Make sure you do too :|

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2015, 8:09 pm

Yes, I often feel paralysed in the sense of being somehow at a loss to know how to begin things. I often can't find anything to do that looks like it would work (or be worth the effort). I also often feel that my body isn't under my mind's control, but when I check it with a quick test, it does as I tell it to.