Page 1 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

swbluto
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In the Andes, counting the stars and wondering if one of them is home to another civilization

23 Sep 2011, 12:13 pm

What ideas, themes, objects, people or situations make you cry out of sadness?

Thinking about love, broken friendships, loneliness and death makes me cry. I'm not really sure if that's more an NT or Aspie thing to cry about, so I was wondering if I could use your help in finding out. What makes you cry?

Last edited by swbluto on 23 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

there are some songs that just put me in a sad mood and some movies will just make me sad.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

"I cry because others are stupid and it makes me sad"
- Sheldon Cooper

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:51 pm

Tear gas.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dgosling
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

sometimes i cry when my migraine is acting up and it's really noisy and it hurts really badly.

Also there are some movies/songs that make me tear up.

also when i am feeling really sad or depressed.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 1:07 pm

The thought of having to listen to country music or be with rednecks makes me very sad. Hillbilly Handfishing devastates me.

PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

Firstly, when animals are mistreated, used, abused, killed.

The spectrum ranges from a run over hedgehog or bird, to animal testing and poor husbandry, to such perversions as the massacre of marine mammals, and drunken weekend hunters who let wild animals suffer for hours instead of giving them a coup de grace.

Secondly, if nature is sacrificed to commerce. Deforestation of rainforests and tanker disasters throw me into despair.

Thirdly, when i'm extremely frustrated it can happen that i cry. The last time was when i had written a long email to a friend and it got lost. Blame on me, next time make a backup.

the_curmudge
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 1:21 pm

This is new and very odd. I like to read aloud well written pages or passages to people I know. (Some of them even listen willingly.) I've always had a tendency to tear up at the end of something sad, but now I've begun crying at the end of anything but outright comedy. It's like the power and beauty of the words alone set me off. What a sentimental old fool I've become!

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Sep 2011, 1:23 pm

Things have to be quite rough in order for me to cry. I had a death in my family recently, and come time for the funeral, I had wondered whether or not I would cry. This was post-AS diagnosis, and I'd heard all the stereotypes regarding absence of empathy. Thankfully, I did, and it was one of the only times in my life that I ever felt truly vulnerable. I find mourning a corpse bizarre, however, and hated the unveiling. Whatever remains of a person after they've gone is, to me, little more than an expired vessel. It's hard to reconcile a husk to the memory of a loved one that was so animated and lively.

Death just generally flips my wig.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 2:55 pm

Sad songs such as "Concrete Angel" by Martina McBride or that one "Christmas Shoes" song

The endings of two of my favorite movies: Edward Scissorhands and Corpse Bride

Death of pets and family members

Thinking about my mom - she's had a really rough life: abused during childhood, having a daughter with autism (me), having a husband who might have Alzheimer's... And yet my mom remains ever optimistic, kind and gentle...

Thinking about the fact that my dad probably has Alzheimer's (he hasn't been to a doctor about it yet, but he shows alarming symptoms such as huge lapses in short-term memory, confusion and changes in personality)

My loved ones suffering in any way.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 3:20 pm

Sad songs "There Were Roses"

Seeing animals that have been abused &/or neglected

Being mistreated/bullied

Being angry will often make me cry (which makes me angrier & I cry harder)-weird reaction

Some of my memories will make me cry

Reading sad stories or seeing a sad scene in a movie

Recalling certain events can make me cry

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

I don't usually, and if I do people don't see it because I hide......and this is stupid but if I am caught I might even play it off as having watery eyes or just deny it. I don't really like to get emotional around people.

syrella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

I cry sometimes when I'm tired, stressed, in pain, or very hungry. I'll sometimes know I'm getting sick because I'll burst into tears randomly.

I also may cry during movies, reading books, and, more rarely, while playing games (the roleplay variety)... usually it's death related. Death saddens me.

I don't know yet how I'll react when a family member dies. I know I was sad when my dog died, though, and would start crying when I saw her photograph. I also had a series of dreams where I dreamt that she was alive again. It would be fine until I woke up (and then I'd be sad again).

Tetra
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2011, 4:37 pm

I cry when I feel stressed and angry. I cried when my cat died. I also cried when I was at a funeral because I was thinking about the previous funeral I had been to in that church which was someone I was missing a lot.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 4:44 pm

Closest I come is the bromance I feel at a football game

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 5:49 pm

My threshold for crying out of sadness is actually far higher than that for happiness. Sad scenes in movies don't really get to me, it's the happy ending that always makes my eyes water.