Page 4 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 12:42 am

"Taking things out of your pencil bag?" Again, do some teachers do NOTHING? I have a couple of friends who are grade school teachers and they would NEVER allow something like that.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 1:26 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʀɔɪ̯də] ( listen)) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is taken from German and literally means 'harm-joy.' It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 7:55 pm

When people don't take "no" for an answer, out of (supposed) politeness. And they keep asking "Are you sure?" I get so tired of that.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 8:05 pm

Yes, the broken record technique can be very wearing. I say, "this topic is over for me, I'm choosing to end it here thanks".

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2015, 11:42 pm

dianthus wrote:
When people don't take "no" for an answer, out of (supposed) politeness. And they keep asking "Are you sure?" I get so tired of that.

^This. Eventually, I want to shout "YES!! ! Are you sure you're not hard of hearing?!?"

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:18 am

Ask, "Do you drive?" "Have you had sex?" "Do you do drugs?", over and over for weeks on end until they find out that you do hold a grudge.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:37 am

conundrum wrote:
B19 wrote:
Many share a blind faith in the ideology of unfettered individualism to the extent that they feel justified in putting down/slurring off at anyone who doesn't share that ideology. The rudeness component is trying to force the rightness of their own beliefs on others and sneering at people who differ from themselves. They are like religious fundamentalists, same personalities, different beliefs, same tactics, same limitations of thinking re the bigger picture. They can both act like believers whose duty it is to persecute "heretics". This more than "appears" rude, it is rude, and ignorant, IMO.

Very well-said, and quite true.

They want you to be like them. They want their happy place to be your happy place and if it isn't, they get their knickers in a twist.

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:41 am

How about when people talk to others in a condescending way, just because they seem different?

I'm so tired of people talking to me like I'm a friggin idiot. I'm a PhD candidate for crying out loud. How many higher degrees do I have to get before I don't get attitude from people who put too much stock in their own ability to judge IQ?

smartiepanzee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2015, 2:59 am

conundrum wrote:
Greenhat wrote:
Not only do people talk to me when I'm reading, but they'll cover the page with their hands, scream in my ear, insult me, and then, if I still don't respond, tell me how rude I'm being. Reading is an activity that broadcasts that you are busy! Ignoring someone generally means that you don't want to talk! Why is this so hard to understand?

Sounds like these people never learned basic concepts of politeness when they were kids: "don't interrupt", "wait your turn", "keep your hands to yourself".... :roll:

Am I just getting old, or are such things no longer considered to be important?

Whenever someone needs attention they loose every ounce of respect for others.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 7:03 am

goofygoobers wrote:
Zajie wrote:
elysian1969 wrote:
Zajie wrote:
Sometimes some NTs and their behaviors make me convinced that I'm living in an enviroment where the stronger tears off the weaker for fun

Some of them do take great delight in capitalizing on the weak. My oldest sister was (and still is to a degree) like that. When I was growing up I could always count on her to beat the living daylights out of me when the adults weren't looking. She knew I was easy to catch and pound on because I always fell when I tried to run.

I have to wonder too about the lack of empathy I see in a good number of NTs- many of them show far less consideration for the rights of others than they could, or should. Then again, I'm beginning to believe a good portion of the population has been/ is being raised by wolves. :heart: :skull:

Some of them tear off the weaker by using them and making use of the 'weakness' of that person for inconvenient reasons, I think it's unfair, there's this girl in class who talks a lot and gets hated about it because she's fat and doesn't know how to dress- she gets bullied about it and not even teachers like her, there are people more talkative than her and more annoying but I guess no one hates on them for that because they have the qualifications of being 'stronger', I really hate when people do that to others
I agree with this and I think most people's behaviors is the product of whatever raised them

I remember in middle school when kids would make fun of me for some of the dumb things I said out of social skills problems, but they weren't exactly mature or geniuses.

Another thing I think is rude is when people take things from you without asking. I remember getting mad at this one girl in my 8th grade science class for just randomly taking school supplies out of my pencil bag without asking for permission.

I don't like talking in front of others too much because of that so I only would talk like I want in front friends, people in school tell me that I'm always too lazy and that its an annoying thing to them but I don't see why I should change because they find it annoying since I also find them annoying lol
That kind of behavior is so rude I really don't like it, I remember last time someone did that to me I got angry and I shouted at them then they returned what they took lol

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 7:24 am

Zajie wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:
Zajie wrote:
elysian1969 wrote:
Zajie wrote:
Sometimes some NTs and their behaviors make me convinced that I'm living in an enviroment where the stronger tears off the weaker for fun

Some of them do take great delight in capitalizing on the weak. My oldest sister was (and still is to a degree) like that. When I was growing up I could always count on her to beat the living daylights out of me when the adults weren't looking. She knew I was easy to catch and pound on because I always fell when I tried to run.

I have to wonder too about the lack of empathy I see in a good number of NTs- many of them show far less consideration for the rights of others than they could, or should. Then again, I'm beginning to believe a good portion of the population has been/ is being raised by wolves. :heart: :skull:

Some of them tear off the weaker by using them and making use of the 'weakness' of that person for inconvenient reasons, I think it's unfair, there's this girl in class who talks a lot and gets hated about it because she's fat and doesn't know how to dress- she gets bullied about it and not even teachers like her, there are people more talkative than her and more annoying but I guess no one hates on them for that because they have the qualifications of being 'stronger', I really hate when people do that to others
I agree with this and I think most people's behaviors is the product of whatever raised them

I remember in middle school when kids would make fun of me for some of the dumb things I said out of social skills problems, but they weren't exactly mature or geniuses.

Another thing I think is rude is when people take things from you without asking. I remember getting mad at this one girl in my 8th grade science class for just randomly taking school supplies out of my pencil bag without asking for permission.

I don't like talking in front of others too much because of that so I only would talk like I want in front friends, people in school tell me that I'm always too lazy and that its an annoying thing to them but I don't see why I should change because they find it annoying since I also find them annoying lol
That kind of behavior is so rude I really don't like it, I remember last time someone did that to me I got angry and I shouted at them then they returned what they took lol

She thought I had something to hide because I wouldn't let her get into my pencil bag. It's a matter of respecting other people's belongings and personal space. It would be like if someone asked me if I had something to hide if I got mad at them for looking at my underwear and taking a souvenir.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 2:40 pm

goofygoobers wrote:
Zajie wrote:
goofygoobers wrote:
Zajie wrote:
elysian1969 wrote:
Zajie wrote:

She thought I had something to hide because I wouldn't let her get into my pencil bag. It's a matter of respecting other people's belongings and personal space. It would be like if someone asked me if I had something to hide if I got mad at them for looking at my underwear and taking a souvenir.

I agree and that person wanted to take things from me for a project because I had the things lol like go get your own things

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 3:55 pm

Fern wrote:
How about when people talk to others in a condescending way, just because they seem different?

I'm so tired of people talking to me like I'm a friggin idiot. I'm a PhD candidate for crying out loud. How many higher degrees do I have to get before I don't get attitude from people who put too much stock in their own ability to judge IQ?

In a social structure based on hierarchies, this is exactly how it is done.
There is constant testing and challenging.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 4:02 pm

olympiadis wrote:
Fern wrote:

In a social structure based on hierarchies, this is exactly how it is done.
There is constant testing and challenging.

Soooo true. If you are an adult in wheelchair with an IQ at genius level, they talk to you as if you are IHC, almost deaf and function on the level of a young child.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm

Case in point: Stephen Hawking.

He can barely move his eyes, no less the rest of his body.

He's still able to cause pain to women LOL....owing to his intellect and vast fame.

He survived a form of Lou Gehrig's Disease (also known as Motor Neurone Disease) for many where--where most people pass away from it in 3 years or so.

ReticentJaeger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 11:23 pm

Earlier, I think someone mentioned double standards. It angers me that while it's not socially acceptable to comment on an overweight person's body, it's somehow still okay to say rude things to people who are more petite.

I've been told—twice, I believe—that 'a small wind would blow me away'.

I don't appreciate comments like 'you're so pale!' or philosophical questions such as 'why are you so short?', either.