Have any of you taken a ink blot test

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm

I did for the ados and it was both silly and fun. What do you think of them?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 1:24 am

i only see inkblots...seriously...i even TRIED to see something else....but i only see inkblots...shrugs*

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 6:05 am

Yes. Twicew as a kid and once inmy adult years. I never got the result, though. (annoying). I saw things like insects, butterflies, snails. The only aggressive thing, I saw was two sockerplayers kicking the same ball.
I have no idea, how it was interpreted.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 6:34 am

I did yesterday.
On some I saw 3-D structures out of two perspectives, smoke development and movement.
I had a hard time explaining it well and the assessor said at one point, that she got confused from what I said, but then I remembered myself "you are autistic, Eloa, she does not see it through your eyes, give better effort" and I managed to explain better.
Later I goggled the test and I was surprised of the common answers people give like "vase" and "animal fur" (except for the "bat") and "two human faces".

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 9:55 am

I was given the ink blot test a number of times, decades ago when I was a child. All I ever really saw were ink blots, so I made up stuff to satisfy the testers. It was dumb. In retrospect, I think it takes more creativity to make up stuff to tell the testers, than it would to actually see stuff in the blots. Wish that thought had occurred to me back then. It would have been an ego booster at a time when I really needed one. :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 9:59 am

I gave answers like "Picasso" and "Dali". The examiners got frustrated and moved on to the word-association tests.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 10:00 am

I've taken many inkblot tests.

Usually, I see insects, monsters, human digestive systems, stuff like that.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2015, 10:33 pm

During my diagnosis, I was given the Rorschach Test. According to my diagnostic report, this test yields information on coping skills, emotional experience, emotional control, self-image and interpersonal relations. I was also told that this can be used to measure for the presence of a Personality Disorder (which I had asked to be assessed for).

I wish I had recorded my ~ 45 minute session. The psychologist kept on asking me questions, and I kept on finding new/interesting things within each inkblot.

So, maybe you didn't see the two wizards -- one good and another evil -- fighting at the top of the world. Or the two pieces of friend shrimp. It's amazing what you can see, if you look. It’s the same thing when looking at clouds. It’s sort of fun.

Interestingly, my current therapist indicated that you can also use this test to detect, "persistent preoccupation with parts of objects", which is listed in DSM-IV under "Restricted repetitive & stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests and activities".

I must say, I find this stuff quite fascinating.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm

slave wrote:
i only see inkblots...seriously...i even TRIED to see something else....but i only see inkblots...shrugs*
Same here. I don't have much of an imagination, don't want to say the wrong things, have dyslexia, a rare low vision disorder, & problems with my mind processing things I do see.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition