Actual photographs of Ivor Lovaas abusing children

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm

As I have noted elsewhere, I saw him do this as an eyewitness in the early 1980s and was appalled that he was trying to justify torture, thuggery, bullying and child abuse as legitimate psychological treatment.

Another interest of Lovaas was abusing ("treating") homosexuals and transgender children to correct their orientation to normal.

Lovaas is on record as regarding people on the spectrum as "not people in the normal sense". His dehumanising attitudes, torture and thuggery are continuing even now, under the guise of "ABA" and parents who consent to this are colluders and enablers who need treatment themselves, parenting programmes and education on children's emotional and psychological needs under the supervision of child protective services.

These photographs were taken in 1965. To me, they are a chilling record. Why did the authorities not intervene?

Lovaas (deceased four years ago) was a massive abuser of many many children and his evil legacy lives on in the USA. "For their own good" is one of the classic abuser's mantras, as the brilliant writer and psychotherapist Alice Miller so thoroughly explained. That's what Lovaas said - basically that torture is good for these subhuman children and homosexuals.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2015, 8:03 pm

Why did not authorities intervene? Read the attached articles
"mental cripples" "diabolically clever", "monster". At least they were honest then. Not just Autism,corporal punishment was the norm up until that time in the schools and home. Hit the left handed kid hand with ruler until he is righthanded was a mainstream technique. You are Jewish, atheist? Until 1962 got to you had to say the Christian prayer.

In the 50 years all that has changed is more positive wording and taking away techniques that look bad on You Tube to say and do the same damm thing. Make them neurotypical at all and any cost without even thinking of the cost.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2015, 4:45 am

Posting graphic images or videos of people or animals being harmed is prohibited. Therefore that link has been removed and thread locked.