Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Deb1970
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 4:53 pm

What's Your EQ? Mine is low... Go to this site and take the quiz and see what yours is?

http://psychology.about.com/library/quiz/bl_eq_quiz.htm

It is not a real surprise to me that mine was low, after all I do have Asperger's / HFA. But out of curiosity I took the quiz and below is what it said about my EQ.

People with a low score on emotional intelligence may have a difficult time interpreting, understanding, and acting on emotions. They often have difficulty expressing their own emotions and feel uncomfortable around the emotional displays of other people. In some cases, those who score low may experience low self-esteem, poor self-confidence, and may have difficulty feeling empathy and showing love for others.

It's important to remember that no matter what your score is, there is always room to improve your emotional intelligence. Consider areas where you are not as strong and think of ways that you can learn and grow. Take stock of your strong points and find ways to continue to develop and apply these skills. If you feel that you are low on emotional intelligence, try to actively identify your own emotions and the emotions of those around you. Taking a class to improve your communication skills can also be helpful.

I found what they had to say very interesting. I have spent my whole life trying to make improvements and still find it hard to read others. People are so confusing to me. After all just because someone is smiling it does not mean there happy. If a dog is wagging his tail and smiling I can say he is happy. People are not that simple.

- Edgar Allan Poe -

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 5:04 pm

Quote:
Your results indicate an average score on emotional intelligence

I knew that anyway.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm

How Did You Score?
Your results indicate an above average score on emotional intelligence.

What Does Your Score Mean?
People with a better than average score on emotional intelligence tend to be good at interpreting, understanding, and acting upon emotions. They are usually quite good at dealing with social or emotional conflicts, expressing their feelings, and dealing with emotional situations.

It's important to remember that no matter how good your score is, there is always room to improve your emotional intelligence. Consider areas where you are not as strong and think of ways that you can learn and grow. Take stock of your strong points and find ways to continue to develop and apply these skills.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

NEtikiman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm

Average as well.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 1:20 am

Above average here. It seems to be something you can definitely improve in over time.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 1:59 am

I scored low in the test.

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 3:07 am

Average here.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Mar 2015, 3:39 am

I got an average score, which is not realistic. I have a very hard time reading people and making friends, as well as interpreting the motivations of others.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 4:41 am

I can read people and recognise all non-verbal cues generally, but it's social anxiety that holds me back. I seem to keep my distance, even when I like someone and they like me and I know they are nice. I think it stems back from all the heartbreaking rejection I suffered with through High School.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 4:44 am

I think this game/test shows how confident you are in your abilities rather than how good you actually are.

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

LifUlfur
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 7:59 am

Your results indicate a low score on emotional intelligence.
I wish the website had more information like where your answers signified what.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2015, 8:40 am

Above average.

As always, the questions are a bit difficult to answer----for instance, it asked if I worked really hard on a paper, but it only got a "C", how would I react? One of the options was to "confront the professor, and ask for a better grade"..... I WOULD confront the professor; but, NOT to ask for a better grade----I would confront the professor to find-out WHY it was given that grade, so that I could improve upon the next paper.