Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Bluwan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 May 2005, 7:50 pm

If any of you are Star Trek fans on this website I'd like to ask you all a question. What would a movie about the Enterprise-C be like in your opinion? I think it'd be quite interesting to have a movie about how the Enterprise-C lived and how it died. If any of you have an opinion, give me an answer. Thank you for your time.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2005, 8:06 pm

I think the "retro-Trek" thing has been tried, and failed with "Enterprise" already - Any future Trek that does get made should be set post "TNG/DS9/Voyager" in my less than humble opinion. Anyway, the story of the Enterprise C already has been told, with actors who'd be too old (and too unknown to be featured in a big Hollywood movie) by now to reprise their "Yesterday's Enterprise" roles. Plus, any investigation of the ST timeline reveals that the "C" had a very short career anyway that would be unworthy of too much retelling in the greater scheme of things..... The Enterprise "B" would be more worthy of its own show (as long as George Takei would be up for it, and you could put up with having to cope with another series full of blinking Tuvok......) Plus, the "Ambassador" class is a really cr*ppy and ugly ship design that couldn't carry a film or series on its own (although not as preposteros a design as the ludicrous, 200-years-earlier-"Akira"-ripoff, much-more-advanced-looking-than-the hundred-years-later-NCC-1701, Enterprise NX-01)...... Overall, I'd say no.... :wink:

And yes - I am an absolute ST spod on the quiet, and (sort of) proud of it!! !! (ish) :?

Bluwan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2005, 9:42 pm

Thank you for the entry. Nice to hear your opinion. Although I do not agree with your opinion on how the Ambassador class starship design is "cr*ppy." I actually love the way that ship is designed. The Enterprise-C is my favorite of the six (or seven) Enterprises. I do agree though with the fact that the "retrotrek" thing failed. Though I've only seen one episode of Star Trek: Enterprise I find too... Not Star Trek... Thanks for the opinion though hope to talk to you later.

Bluwan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 May 2005, 9:44 pm

The Excelsior is Sulu's ship... John Harriman is the Enterprise-B. Hope this clears things up.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2005, 4:50 am

Bluwan wrote:
The Excelsior is Sulu's ship... John Harriman is the Enterprise-B. Hope this clears things up.

Errr.... I knew that.... I was just.... testing you..... :oops:

Absolute_Zero
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2005, 1:55 pm

Star Trek has been done, well overdone to the point where it's just watered down garbage now.

Bluwan
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 May 2005, 6:52 pm

Star Trek even though it was started in 1966 still lives on within me. Star Trek is a great show and good books have been written about it. I know Star Trek has been going on a very long time but I still like it.