Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 7:50 am

I think it's a new record in my life... banned for expressing doubt about whether a tooth was the source of pain, since it didn't respond to a knock... then he thought I was just afraid of the pain and referred me to full anesthesia due to that, but that's not the point... then he just complained that I don't communicate adequately. My life has reached a new low when it comes to people, heh.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 8:12 am

No, it's not you, the world's getting crazier by the day, last time I went to the dentists there were signs all around saying you couldn't discuss with the dentist or they'll call the police.

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

21 Apr 2015, 7:35 pm

traven wrote:
No, it's not you, the world's getting crazier by the day, last time I went to the dentists there were signs all around saying you couldn't discuss with the dentist or they'll call the police.

LOL...that's crazy. Which country is this?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2015, 7:37 pm

What can't you discuss with the dentist, lest they call the police?

That makes no sense at all.

Anyway, OP...I guess it's time to look for a new dentist. Good luck! Forget about this one!

vercingetorix451
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2015, 8:44 pm

That's strange...best just to see a new dentist that is more accommodating and reasonable.

narcolepticpenguin
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm

I saw a youtube video about a man,who went in to have some cavaties drilled,and left with most of his teeth pulled out,when they dentist was questioned he said it was within his right as a dentist to do so if he thought it would save the mans life.......crazy

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Apr 2015, 10:49 pm

It sounds like some of you have been to VERY different dentists than I. o.o

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2015, 10:51 pm

MrBear wrote:
It sounds like some of you have been to VERY different dentists than I. o.o

Likewise. I've had my current dentist since I was in high school and I feel very comfortable asking questions.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

23 Apr 2015, 1:12 am

I do hope traven was joking.

I am very comfortable with the last dentist I went to. I needed an extraction due to chomping down on something hard. He explained all the procedures before hand and ensured I felt comfortable and at ease. The procedure went smoothly and there was no pain. The receptionist, who also happens to be his wife as he operates from his home, called on two occasions after that to find out if all was OK.

So you do still get good dentists.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

traven
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 1:44 am

Not really, now I prefer going back to the dentist I had before, although I had a headeach for five months with that one because he couldn't do the work in less time.
So I tried another place, after the warning-papers, the lady-dentist was very unpleasant ; 'Look at me!' she said when the other lady was showing me where to sit and then she looked at my teeth. After that she said, 'rince your mouth!', which I didn't because I didn't feel any need to that right away, so she got angry about that but there was no water in the cup, I tried to get that and almost broke the water-supplier while doing that!
Lol, I'll never go there again!
Anyway, I'm very bad with women in general, lot's of them seem to hate me!

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 1:57 am

My dentist is pretty nice. Not only that, from my office chair to his office is less than 100 feet. I can be there in under a minute.

The only problem is that the office is only open one day a week and usually there is only the dental assistant cleaning teeth on that one day a week. I think the dentist is actually here one day a month on average.

Fortunately, I have very few teeth problems. I've had one filling, one wisdom tooth pulled, one cavity, and one teeth cleaning in sixty years. The one time I went to the dentist before I turned 40 was just for a minor checkup when I was 20.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 3:05 am

What does "banned" mean? Asked not to come back? Dentists are human beings after all. Some are nice and others are horrible. You must have been just unlucky. That dentist must be just a bad human being with poor communication skills and with a bad personality. Your dental issues are your health issues. You have a say in the treatment of your health problems. If the dentist/doctor is not willing to communicate with you and consider your concerns, then that's a bad one. You'd better keep away from that sort.

I once saw a dentist who asked me whether I wanted the cheaper treatment or the more expensive treatment without explaining what each involved. When I asked him that question, he got angry and told me to just choose either cheap or expensive. I told him it's not just a matter of money. Then he told me to get out. I did. Obviously it was just a matter of money for him.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm

narcolepticpenguin wrote:
I saw a youtube video about a man,who went in to have some cavaties drilled,and left with most of his teeth pulled out,when they dentist was questioned he said it was within his right as a dentist to do so if he thought it would save the mans life.......crazy

Yep, that's been known to happen. My dad's dentist, when he was a kid, was known for pulling teeth at whim. But when you work for the military, you've got some leeway. His name was actually Dr. Butcher, a rather fitting name.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2015, 3:07 am

I haven't been to a dentist for three years because last time I went I had a huge meltdown and ended up literally running out of the practice.

However over three years ago I had three teeth extracted under general anaesthetic in a general hospital. The hospital dentist had organised that as there was no way I would be able to cope with anything less than a general anaesthetic.

Now I know I need to go to a dentist but unless I am given intravenous midazolam or similar, I will freak out. I cannot cope with people touching my face. I can't even cope with someone kissing me on the cheek.

My advice to you is go to a better dentist.