Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 5:06 pm

...What boards on the Web do you know of that homeless people post on to " talk " to each other ? I'm not referrng , really , to social services websites , or " pictures of/meet the homeless " ones. ~ more ones where actual homeless. (HL) ~ and their friends , semi-/sorta HL ~ can post topics .
As you (presumably) know , I'm HL ~ there used to be these International Homeless Forums out of Australia , but they went away (& came back briefly , then went away again , w/a holding page still there) - Anyone perhaps with a better comput3r able to find one ?
Getting this out of the way ~ Aside from what I said above , many HL can use library/whatever computers , or have laptops/whatevs ~ I now have a super-cheapo tablet (÷ I'm in the hospital again) .
, writing on which is pretty damn laborious ! :?
This must be the widest-audience site I'm on ~I just thought someone might know .
I have mentioned the blogger (named Kevin) who is called The Homeless Guy ~ who is a (self-DX'd , I suppose - if that matters) adult-Dx'd Aspie ~he has a board attached to his blog , but it gets about one post a month !

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm

...Kicking...........I can't find the other post I had about Kevin , " The Homeless Guy " , specifically , so...........

Last edited by ASS-P on 05 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 8:54 pm

I'll look later--but I have to punch out and leave work now.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 4:48 pm

...Have you found any yet ???

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm

I haven't found anything more than what you've found.

What could actually be useful is looking in prison forums. They offer lots of practical advice, actually.

Bodyles
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 2:48 am

A quick Google search turns up these two, which seem to be currently fairly active:

https://squattheplanet.com/
This forum is more focused on people who are 'on the road' by some active choice, but a cursory search turns up a good amount of posts about & by generally homeless people, many of which are within the past few days.

http://global-homeless.com/forum/
This seems to be what you're looking for exactly.
Though it's a bit less active than the STP site, it has at least one post as recent as the past day & generally a bunch within the past week or so.
You might want to check it out if you haven't yet.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 5:12 pm

...Boy , you really ARE (remembering something we said PM-ly) are encouraging me toward the jailhouse route , eh :twisted: ?????????
Tell ya what , if I do , can we work out some " I tell you some ' your-fantasies ' fodder " , for a price :D ?
(I guess you mean " prison forums give ' what to do if you're HL post-jug " ? I've been on PrisonTalkOnline . What others do you rec. :?: ?????????)

kraftiekortie wrote:
I haven't found anything more than what you've found.

What could actually be useful is looking in prison forums. They offer lots of practical advice, actually.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 5:19 pm

This Bodyles guy seems like he might be helpful.

I've read PrisonTalk. I've seen good advice given to people once they got out of halfway houses into the streets.

There are many bright people on PrisonTalk. They've had it tough, so they could offer you fodder and actual good advice.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 5:26 pm

...WEell (I've told you my name there) I have received no replies from recent PTO postings :(

uote="kraftiekortie"]This Bodyles guy seems like he might be helpful.

I've read PrisonTalk. I've seen good advice given to people once they got out of halfway houses into the streets.

There are many bright people on PrisonTalk. They've had it tough, so they could offer you fodder and actual good advice.[/quote]

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm

Have you gone into the California part of PTO?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 6:41 pm

...No (not recently ,anyway) .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm

I sense (I could be wrong) that the section dealing with halfway houses and post-incarceration housing (especially from federal prisons) might offer some practical tips pertaining to the homeless situation.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 7:09 pm

...Um , I don't quite see why .
After all , I don't qualify for such things , my jail experience was fairly minimal and " nice " (Early on there , I said something to that effect but said " But , I'm never going to say that again here " , and haven't .) , and , more to the point , not what you mention .
MY posts , even ones extending ones which got responses before , ~ One titled " My infections , etc. " which should be self-explanatory , and a " fun " one , regarding mis-heard song lyrics (The old " There's a bathroom on the right " , etdc. , one , though I myself never cited that one , I'm using that as an example .) , don;t get responded to anymore...BTW , when I , when new there , expressed my desire to go back to college in a " full-fleged " , residential/" normal " four-year B.A.-seeking manned , OH ! !! !! , was I ever reamed , with EVERYONE there informing me that I Cannot Do That ! (On that line ~ One person was sympathetic on the blog function and we became FB friends . One day , I keep telling myself , I'll re-read that whole line and repeat my desire for a full " uni " experience (As I outlined above , and I believe have said here . Yes , I acknowledge that I would likely need to Pay My Dues* by doing " Night school , etc. " first/to get myself ready , but...........) Maybe I'd get banned after that . ~ PTO seems to tend to ban even high-posting/moderator types rather readily ~ Oh , and they're ABSURDLY anal-retentive about " No , you must post it HERE " , et al...Like the AV Club , I suppose ~One more " glorious rite of passage " that I did not experience in my junior-middle/full high school years , thus the " I suppose " . :(
*-I probably made a mistake , when I brought the subject up , of pretty early on recalliong my mother saying " Oh no ! First you have to prove you DESERVBE to go away to college ! " when I was 18 , and recalling that - then - I thought my teenage fun was , finally , going to start " - Saying it that early in the subject , I mean , which let them pounce on me as " immature " too much - Not that I don't remember it , her saying it , like it was yesterday :cry: , or that I didn't then :cry: ...........

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 8:16 pm

Sorry I didn't respond sooner:

I think it would be great if you could go back to school.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 8:57 pm

...This , maybe , belongs in my " Sleeping bag " post , but since this line hasn't been moved to The Haven yet :( , and more people can see it ! :lol:
It's Thursday now , I haven't eaten this day , I spent 2 of my 3-ish dollars in coins to get to Watsonville's library and computers , I guess my being banned from the SC library will be up next week (However , they seem to be - one particular " strict " guard , I was told :( - in a " crack down " mood .) :? ...........
I had to throw away my old clothes after I went to the WV mission on Tuesday and had the Nix-alike treatment and a shower , :( , as they would not wash my old clothes , though they had before :( .
Therefore , I , again , have just one set of clothes , what I am wearing :( , and they're skimpier than before , less warm (I have far less layers of clothing on , and no " coats " , as I had 4 before :(_ --- I have some sleeping stuff , but it's maybe a bit less consistently warming , a thick blanket reather than a tarp , maybe nicer initially but maybe lest heat-building and , with no tarp surface , when it rains :( ...........
That Homeless Persons' Health Project person who said I was (" observing "/summing up what she thought the situation was more than saying it was her own opinion perhaps) " too Aspergers'/OCD to get medical help " seems like she might've been citing that nursing home I was in during early 2014 - However , that place (no time for details now) seems to have put out bizarre non-truths about me when i left them in 2014 to go to WA (upon the invite of that WP friend who then got too sick me once I was up there) , perhaps a reason for this " poor behavior " cited (The only place in SC I ever " lived " collectively in , bar the county jail !)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2015, 9:43 pm

...I am very sad :cry: because I did a revision of this post which ran into SECONDS ! :( miscalculation and didn't go up :( , as the library computer shut off :( , and I had to sign on again .
In it I referenced the 2013 windfall I recived , and what a WP friend said about to me , and my tendency to have an internall " censor/adult " saying I should do " sensible things " and an example of what I thought might be considered a " sensible " thing ~ too rather prove I " deserve " help ~ and the fact that money isn sure easy to use , me more complicated medial needs aside :( --- and that I have both a housing piossibilty/ies and EVEN ! the possibility of really going back to college/uni , my " liftime's (attainable) dream " , even at " biiger " than I thought possible UCSC - so I'd best , maybe , hand around SC anyway for now ~ But I could use help :( .
Stuff like that . :) KK , I was going to expound/go through my " plans/reasons " about hoping to go back to uni but no time now .
Two years ago , when I was in jail , I was talking about possibe going-back-to plans - No accomplishment since then :( , though some SLIGHT progress has happened - One FB friend has expressed to me that s/he feels I should make ABSOLUTELY NO ATTEMPT WHATSOEVER to go back to college , even getting my HS records , til' myresidential situation is A Wonderful Place 100% perfect .
I tend to disagree . What do you think ?