Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

KandyKatSkittles
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

10 May 2015, 8:15 pm

I was discussing a particular subject with my mother, and I started stuttering. This very rarely happens when I am speaking to either of my parents. My mother got very upset at this and labeled it as "fake". I've attempted to tell her I was thinking faster than I was able to speak. She still did not believe me, and that triggered a little bit of an outburst(on my part). How do I get her to believe me? Also, does anybody else with mild-moderate Aspergers Syndrome have rare episodes of stuttering?

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2015, 8:25 pm

I stutter now and again.

It happens when I don't put thought into talking, such as choosing my words, pronouncing them slowly, and formulating the sentence before speaking.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 May 2015, 7:54 pm

I sometimes stutter when I'm really tired, stressed or nervous due to a tremor disorder that occasionally affects my voice. I stuttered more often when I was on atypical antipsychotics.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

cavernio
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 5:10 pm

I stutter less now than I once did. I also don't talk as much as I once did.

Thinking about it I've hardly stuttered at all this past year probably.

I would not describe stuttering as my mind moving faster than my voice or because I do not choose my words carefully. When it happens I perceive that the stutter or block will happen before it happens.

Poor motivation

jimmyboy76453
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2015, 6:02 pm

I don't stutter, but when I'm talking about something I'm especially interested in and thinking really fast, I start talking and then stop suddenly. I do a lot of one-word sentences: l-- you-- But--. And I so a lot of arguing against myself: It's like--no, it's not like that--but it sort of fits.
When I get really worked up, like in a confrontation or argument or something, I get really tongue-tied and I have to really struggle to get every word out: I.... just..... feel..... like.... you're not..... not..... not l-l-l-listening. I sound like a really slowed-down version of Porky Pig. When that happens, my brain mostly shuts down, too, so it's hard to think.