Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 2:50 pm

Does anyone have a problem when they become curious about something especially something really intensly interesting, you're curiosity about it and wondering what it will be like can cause anxiety until you experience it? It other words you become stressed about the fear of not experiencein the thing your curious about because your so curious about it?

I have that problem all the time and dealing with that issue big time right now. Two days ago I smoked weed and I almost had a ver amazing experience but didnt succeed on it. Now I'm wondering what that experience would have been like and can't get it out of my mind. I feeling very scared because Im now feeling like I have to smoke weed again and try to experience what I'm curious about. At the same time I scared to smoke weed again because I'm afraid I'll become addicted to weed, have a bad experience, or have it give birth to more of the same thing I'm dealing with now. Does anyone have suggestions on dealing with this sort of thing?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 4:21 pm

I know what you mean.
When I get obsessed over something I think about it all the time and I am unable to focus on anything else till I am finally be allowed to do what I crave to do.

Fortunately I was never obsessed over something illegal or dangerous like smoking weed.

My obsessions are usually related to a book or anime. And then, after struggling for a while I will just give up and do what I feel urge to till I am feed of it (like reading a book over and over a few times in row). But I cannot suggest you doing it with weed.
You might try out my another strategy though - something I do when I am unable to do what I am obsessed with for example because next episode of an anime is not yet aired. I look for alternatives, stuffs similar to what I am obsessed with. For example watching all recommendations to the anime.

In your case you might try out so called OOBE or rebirthing. They won't make you addicted and are saver than weed but can still give you some unusual experiences you seem to crave for. Or just try succeeding in LD or even pay attention to your night dreams - it brings no danger and can make fun experiences. Dreams were my special interest for 12 years. Once you learn to remember them they will become very vivid and give you unique experiences almost every night.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2015, 5:56 pm

It's rare for anyone to become addicted to smoking weed. If you want to smoke it, then smoke it. Probably nothing amazing will happen though. All it really does is relax you a little and empties your bank account at a record rate.