Want to elaborate?

I have been diagnosed with Aspergers and MERLD
I have significant chronic medical conditions as well

umfum
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2015, 8:12 am

It would be helpful if you elaborated.

I have perhaps felt like this. I am uncomfortable with emotions. I dislike other people feeling emotions towards me.

rarebit
Toucan
Toucan

24 May 2015, 8:21 am

Which emotions repulse you?

Snow_
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 May 2015, 8:23 am

umfum wrote:

I have perhaps felt like this. I am uncomfortable with emotions. I dislike other people feeling emotions towards me.

Because they are awful and harmful....

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 8:43 am

Snow_ wrote:
umfum wrote:

Because they are awful and harmful....

I partially understand what you're saying. I'm a creature of logic and reasoning, most emotional cues don't register with me and the things people do because of their emotions befuddle me. I probably have anhedonia too, but that's another story. Add in that emotion can easily be manipulated, contorted, and turned destructive (i.e. 9/11 --> Iraq War) and I see your point in harm. But, there are other emotions than fear, anger, jealousy, etc. It's about what emotions are expressed at a given time, not necessarily that they're all inherently bad. Not everyone is Darth Vader, there's some Obi-Wans out there too.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 8:49 am

I wish I had less emotion so I wouldn't get into so much trouble.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 8:56 am

I think stronger emotions make for better sex.

Girlwithaspergers wrote:
I wish I had less emotion so I wouldn't get into so much trouble.

Now that I've gotten rid of most of my negative-emotions though I am more interested these days in "truth" rather than social-interaction with the females (although I do hope that the world or existence itself can be re-structured better so as to not have all of the currently existing corruption everywhere so that we can all get back into... playing... with one another).

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 9:21 am

I dislike strong displays of emotion. I'm well aware that everyone experiences emotions, which is fine I'm not insinuating there's anything wrong with that, but people who can't control themselves make me uncomfortable. Doesn't seem to matter positive Vs negative, unchecked displays of emotion do seem to inspire something close to disgust. Very un-PC.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 10:04 am

I don't understand this.

Disgust is itself an emotional response.

It seems to me that my own emotions are involuntary impulses produced by my nervous system in response to internal and external stimuli. I don't understand why this would be disgusting. Breathing and digesting and sleeping and other such basic processes are not disgusting, why would emotions be?

I don't understand how emotions in general would be disgusting.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 10:07 am

No, I'm on the spectrum yet also deeply emotional as a person, so I'm not afraid of or disgusted by emotion in others or myself. It drives my creativity in fact.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 12:29 pm

Interesting topic. It seems like I'm always at war with my emotions. When I see and hear people cry it makes me curl my toes. I'm trying my best to rid myself of jealousy, hatred, anger and ego. When I was younger I was much more stoic and people often likened me to Mr. Spock. For years I drank like a fish to assimilate myself into normal society. I don't bother with that anymore. If I could just rid myself of these negative emotions I'd be on the path to happiness.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 4:15 pm

The only emotion I dislike is when somebody's not talking to you because of something that's not your fault and they know it's not your fault, but they hate you anyways because it's not what they got.

Like on my first week at college (about 8 years ago), I had really bad stomachache (menstrual), and didn't feel good at all. Usually when I got those stomachaches I would go all pale and feel terribly sick, and you can tell I am not faking. I couldn't participate in the class activities very well because of my stomachache, and even the tutor said I didn't look well, and she sent me home. Then a boy I was sort of dating phoned me that night to see if I was OK, and he suddenly blurted out that one of the girls said she doesn't like me any more, just because the tutor sent me home because I happened to have stomachache. And it wasn't just one of those little tiffs what you get over, because for the whole duration of the college year she did not get over it, and did not speak to me since the day I went home with stomachache. I mean, what the hell?? That did make me feel uncomfortable the rest of the year, and I was actually glad to leave. Her hostility towards me just affected me.

I don't find that very mature or reasonable.

But otherwise, most emotions don't disgust me. I'm a very emotionally-orientated person. It's just life.