Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jun 2015, 4:04 pm

If so how do you talk to them?

boredome
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 4:26 pm

A couple days ago, I saw my teacher from third grade for the first time in a year. She's pretty awesome :D

She has this really old computer that she wants me to help her make into an aquarium, she saw plans for it on the internet. I'm going to go over to her house sometime to help her do that.

She was my favorite teacher back when I was in elementary school, didn't get mad at me when I drew stuff during class and even showed me how to draw some things.

I hope I still keep contact with her even when I'm grown up

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2015, 6:13 pm

I keep in contact with some of my professors from college.

When I went to elementary school, most of the teachers were already old. I'm sure most of them have passed away by now.

Makemefeelbetter70
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jun 2015, 2:59 pm

Did they offer to speak to you or did you ask to say in contact?

ghoti
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 3:47 pm

I have 1 high school teacher who still is in contact with me, his discretion.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 4:11 pm

The only way I could talk to any of my past teachers is through a séance because they're all dead.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2015, 5:55 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
The only way I could talk to any of my past teachers is through a séance because they're all dead.

Probably the same here.

I never made any attempt to keep in touch with them - didn't know it was socially acceptable and it never occurred to me to do so, didn't see any point. I suppose in hindsight there were a few of them it would have been good to talk with again, just to see how they'd been getting on and talk a bit about old times. But further mentoring from ex-teachers, I just don't use the skills they taught me any more. I didn't like most of the teachers, school was an increasingly negative experience for me, I began very well but things gradually got worse, and when I finally left school, I couldn't get away fast enough, and that wasn't an unusual attitude.

I still find the American fascination for school reunions very hard to understand. Don't know if it really exists in the UK, if so I didn't notice it. The "class of '[insert 2-digit number]" thing, I don't get that. It's as if everybody really loved all their teachers and school chums, really bonded with the whole system, and they want to re-live it every so often, and have ceremonies and get very proud and sentimental (and sometimes even touchy-feely) about it. Me, I'd probably mostly be telling them what bastards they'd been to me and demanding apologies. I did get on well with a few kids, and had a high regard for a few of the teachers, but when school was done I just kept hanging out with the kids I liked best, and never felt any strong desire to do any more than that. Much like my attitude to society in general, I think most of it is wasted on me, I just relate to the few members of the human race I can relate to as individuals and leave it at that.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

04 Jul 2015, 5:32 pm

No I'm not.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition