Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2015, 9:37 am

Does anyone else do this? I sometimes repetitively watch youtube videos, in the past I also repetitively watched a movie called Look Who's Talking over 20 times.

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 10:05 am

Movies, YouTube videos, listening to songs over and over and over and over and over again... For as long as I can remember I've put things on repeat.

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2015, 10:43 am

Yes!! ! A thousand times yes!! Often times I can't even explain what I like about the video, just that I find it pleasurable!! I have done this since I was a kid. I think everyone does this though, to some degree.

yogiB1
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Jul 2015, 1:34 pm

Way more than I care to admit :oops:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 2:12 pm

Oh definitely! Especially when I was younger there were VHS videos I watched over and over and over (and also books I read over and over). Although I don't do it as much now, I still do from time to time. For instance there are creepypastas I have listened to more than 10 times because I just am that hooked on them.

When I was 11 I watched "Mystery at Castle House" and Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and "Lassie's rescue rangers" almost daily (not all 3, but daily watching of one of them, depending on which one I was into at the time.

I also like re-watching movies I really like, like The 6th Sense and The Good Son (which I watched who knows how may times when I was around 16-17).
Edit: And when I was 19 there were episodes of Babylon 5 I played over and over.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2015, 2:13 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Oh definitely! Especially when I was younger there were VHS videos I watched over and over and over (and also books I read over and over). Although I don't do it as much now, I still do from time to time. For instance there are creepypastas I have listened to more than 10 times because I just am that hooked on them.

When I was 11 I watched "Mystery at Castle House" and Pink Floyd's "The Wall" and "Lassie's rescue rangers" almost daily (not all 3, but daily watching of one of them, depending on which one I was into at the time.

I also like re-watching movies I really like, like The 6th Sense and The Good Son.

the 6th sense is a good one. that movie really creeps me out!

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2015, 2:14 pm

so what do you guys enjoy watching on youtube? i love house/room tours and makeup tutorials even though i hate wearing make up lol

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 2:19 pm

^ I listen to a lot of creepypasta, alleged true scary stories, mysteries and conspiracies because I find them very entertaining. I also watch a bit of movie trailers and game related videos, and the occasional movie.
The last week I've actually watched 9 movies there.

Quote:
the 6th sense is a good one. that movie really creeps me out!
Me too! It has some of the best scenes seen in horror (and I'm a horror fan).

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2015, 2:22 pm

tinyteddy wrote:
so what do you guys enjoy watching on youtube? i love house/room tours and makeup tutorials even though i hate wearing make up lol

At the moment on youtube I repetitively watch clips from the movie/broadway production of Tommy, I also watch videos of They Might Be Giants (music videos, concert footage, interviews, etc).

tinyteddy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2015, 2:27 pm

2cat007 wrote:
tinyteddy wrote:

At the moment on youtube I repetitively watch clips from the movie/broadway production of Tommy, I also watch videos of They Might Be Giants (music videos, concert footage, interviews, etc).

i love they might be giants!! ! my favorite album is the self titled, but i've actually only listened to that one. and my one friend used to sing the conifer song. that one seems delightful

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 3:46 pm

Yes. And not only watching. I also repetitively read books that I like. I read the whole Harry Potter saga 18 times in row when I was a teen.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 3:50 pm

I watched A Bug's Life so many times as a toddler that I remember all the inflections of the characters' voices, but somehow I don't remember all the lines. :lol:

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 3:51 pm

I watch clips of films or series I like repetitively on YouTube. I have also watched every single episode of Red Dwarf seasons 1-8 five times each in total.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 4:05 pm

Mainly music, I listen to the same song over and over again for a few weeks then swap to a completely different song and do the same thing. I have seen every episode of friends too many times to count (300-400+times each), most episodes I know what they are going to say before they say it. I have seen every episode of ncis about 10 times some of them never 20 or 30, most episodes I know what they are going to say before they say it. I've done that with the first Harry Potter film too, I used to know most of it off by heart, now not so much but I can pretty much say what they are about say.

fluffyfluff
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2015, 4:12 pm

Movies / Tv-series etc. no, it takes quite a special + Greeeeaaat one (with a capital G) for me to watch a movie, tv-series/ episodes over again in solitary that is - But i sometimes do watch over again, basically because i recommended the movie to someone else and they wanted me to watch it along with them - in rare cases i re-watch on my own - sometimes to try to see if i'll notice things i didn't when i watched it the first time, aka to try understand/ dig deeper into the meaning of the movie. Other times (which is rare) and usually requires a good "break" in between, but because it was just so darn good i found the audacity in myself to binge on it one second time) - to mention some i have done the second round with: The Walking Dead, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Django Unchained, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, Amelie.

So yeah, usually it's enough for me to watch it once, but as mentioned if really good, and with a year or more off of it, i could watch once again.

I do however though do repetitive listening a lot - I binge on songs/ albums - yes i do, then i might make playlists and listen to it everyday for weeks before changing to something else. :P

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2015, 4:27 pm

tetris wrote:
Mainly music, I listen to the same song over and over again for a few weeks then swap to a completely different song and do the same thing.

I do that too, on and off. The last song I listened to repeatedly was "The hanging tree" from Hunger Games.

tetris wrote:
I have seen every episode of friends too many times to count (300-400+times each), most episodes I know what they are going to say before they say it.

I only knew my fave B5 lines by heart, but in my teen years I knew the first TMNT movie and The Good Son by heart