Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:07 am

I live with my sister, she is making me soooooo crazy & I'm crying. I CANNOT take it anymore. She don't understand & believes me, she thinks she knows everything about my Asperger, she think she knows better than me. I HATE the way she treat me & make me feel, I just want to scream & run away from her. I talked to her, but she didn't listen to me. I don't know what to do. Can I do anything to change her mind about me? She is like a very bad drug.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:31 am

That's sounds awful.

Can you give an example of what she says or does that hurts/upsets you?

Love transcends all.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 1:43 am

Is living with her obligatory? My mother makes me feel the exact same way sometimes, tonight for instance.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:23 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
Is living with her obligatory? My mother makes me feel the exact same way sometimes, tonight for instance.

Makes you feel alone & scared that how I feel.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:30 pm

animalcrackers wrote:
That's sounds awful.

I told her over & over that my Asperger makes my voice get high without realize it, my voice get high when I get very angry or upset. There are other things too.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 9:56 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
animalcrackers wrote:
That's sounds awful.

I told her over & over that my Asperger makes my voice get high without realize it, my voice get high when I get very angry or upset. There are other things too.

Does she think you make your voice high on purpose?

It's very frustrating and hurtful when people don't listen. When they act like they know you better than you know yourself.

My dad used to scream at me all the time for not doing stuff I didn't know I was supposed to do. He would never tell me what he wanted when I would ask, he just insisted that I already knew. He never believed that I couldn't figure it out.

My dad got a little better about some things after talking to my psychologist. Is there anybody who could advocate for you with your sister?

Love transcends all.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 10:03 pm

Hi Kitty4670,

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, especially with someone you may depend on for help.

Is your sister complaining or angry about you, or about things you do? Has she always been unkind to you, or is this something new? How does she treat other people in her life? What sort of things do you fight about/talk about?

If you could tell us more about her, it might make it easier for us to give you some advice--or at least some comfort, though I agree with animalcrackers that a professional could give you more help in the 3-D world.

For what it's worth, I care about you.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 10:28 pm

animalcrackers wrote:
Does she think you make your voice high on purpose?

It's very frustrating and hurtful when people don't listen. When they act like they know you better than you know yourself.

My dad used to scream at me all the time for not doing stuff I didn't know I was supposed to do. He would never tell me what he wanted when I would ask, he just insisted that I already knew. He never believed that I couldn't figure it out.

My dad got a little better about some things after talking to my psychologist. Is there anybody who could advocate for you with your sister?

Yes, I can work on my voice, but I can't if she gets mad & yells at me.

I'm sorry your dad didn't believe you, it must been so hard for you.

Im going see someone for grief, my Asperger & other stuff.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 12:22 am

Kitty4670 wrote:

That really sucks that your sister isn't more understanding. It's not fair for her to expect you to talk a certain way for her if she won't stop yelling for you.

Kitty4670 wrote:

Could you ask this person to talk to your sister -- to help your sister understand you and treat you better?

Love transcends all.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:35 am

animalcrackers wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:

That really sucks that your sister isn't more understanding. It's not fair for her to expect you to talk a certain way for her if she won't stop yelling for you.

Kitty4670 wrote:

Could you ask this person to talk to your sister -- to help your sister understand you and treat you better?

Yes. First I'm going talk to my dad.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 2:40 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
animalcrackers wrote:

Yes. First I'm going talk to my dad.

I hope it goes well!

Love transcends all.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 6:20 pm

I wish there something I can do now, my sister making me very mentally crazy. This have been a very stressful time for me & my sister, we are moving & selling the house. I want to live in my city & she is moving 4 hours away. I lived on my own before, my mom talked the apartment owners into letting me live there.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 11:18 pm

my sister drives me nuts too, me and her used to fight a lot but we dont as much.

it's hard to be around her because she has BPD and manipulates me and emotionally exhausts me, I try to my best to minimize how much time i spend with her.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 7:31 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I wish there something I can do now, my sister making me very mentally crazy.

I wish I had more suggestions for you.

I think ZombieBrideXD's idea about trying to minimize the time you spend with your sister is a good idea. It won't make your sister listen to you or believe you or treat you better, but it could mean less fighting.

Kitty4670 wrote:
This have been a very stressful time for me & my sister, we are moving & selling the house. I want to live in my city & she is moving 4 hours away. I lived on my own before, my mom talked the apartment owners into letting me live there.

Do you want to live on your own again? Is that one of the things you fight about with your sister?

Love transcends all.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 1:11 am

animalcrackers wrote:
Do you want to live on your own again? Is that one of the things you fight about with your sister?

Yes, I want to live on my own again. No, we don't fight. She want me to live here if I want to, I'm looking for an apartment, Im tired of looking. If I don't get an apartment, I have to move with my sister & my nephew, I DON'T WANT to live near her! I will go out of mind, I will really lose it. This is the last month living in my house, time is running out. It's been sooo hard living here. This was my mom's house, she died 2 years ago, I HATE saying she died or I have to talk to her spirit. I still get Very Emotional & I can't put her pics in my room, the pain of losing her is still new.

I also have Cerebral Palsy, apartment owners don't like to rent to disabled ppl. My sister make me feel so alone.