Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 9:02 pm

Some may remember quite a while back I had a terrible experience with a so-called psychologist who claimed to be qualified to diagnose autism.

I won't go into the details here, but my own therapist (who'd insisted I be "evaluated for autism") said the guy was "nuts". My own psychiatrist said the guy was "unprofessional".

Anyway, the psychiatrist, who, first hearing the therapist suspected autism, had originally reacted by freezing, looking off into space, and slowly saying "good catch". Since then I asked "Why did you say that?" and the answer was 'I knew something was wrong but couldn't quite zero in on it. This makes sense.'

My last visit with that doctor, I glanced at the computer screen when my records were being displayed.

Right there, plainly stated, were the words "Probable Asperger's Syndrome".

I know it's not a full diagnosis, but it's pretty close to it, for now.

Comments?

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 9:10 pm

Sounds like the therapist saw some things from a different angle and was able to give insight to the psychiatrist. Sounds like the psychiatrist agrees with the therapist that you likely have aspergers and was talking outloud to himself, saying the therapist made a "good catch" in piecing together your symptoms.

Sethno
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 9:29 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
Sounds like the therapist saw some things from a different angle and was able to give insight to the psychiatrist. Sounds like the psychiatrist agrees with the therapist that you likely have aspergers and was talking outloud to himself, saying the therapist made a "good catch" in piecing together your symptoms.

I've known that for a while now. The key thing was noticing the "Probable Asperger's Syndrome" in my medical records. I'd had no idea it was in there. That was what led to the thread-opener being posted, and it's a good thing.

What would these results mean? Been told here I must be a "half pint".