Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sperg445
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm

So I have a job I really like, it is a small partnership with like 20 people total(10 per shift) working there. There is this girl that has started talking to recently. Until this week it was just casual chatting at work never lasting to long. This Thursday I parked next to her so she started talking to me on my way out. We ended up going on a roady, and out to applebees after, then back out to smoke some more. The whole thing lasted 5 hours but we mainly talked about work stuff. She made sure I knew she was single though.

They didn't run second shift friday but we had the option of coming in on first, I was pretty tired so I didn't. I get a text later from her (even though I never gave her my number) asking if I wanted to go drinking. I did, and we just drank at her sisters place who was having a friday night party. Kept to ourselves mostly, I didnt know anyone there and people were just in groups playing unheard of card/ dice games. We didnt stay long and went on another roady with her friend who we dropped off then went to perkins for dinner.

As a completely oblivious male, I am positive she wants to be more than friends. I'm also not to sure she wants a committed relationship... The problem is she is a co-worker at a job I really enjoy and want to keep long term. This girl is really attractive to, out of my league level attractive. I know at some point I'm gonna have to either say I want to just be friends or I will go for it. Not sure what to do, it seems like a bad idea but part of me wants to. It has been a long time since I've even kissed someone. What would you do?

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 5:05 pm

Personally I'd say you can be friends but do not sleep with her

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jul 2015, 6:08 pm

There are risks, the biggest being that she lies about you and damages your reputation, but I think you should seize the opportunity.

Make sure you explain to her how much you value the job and that if it all goes wrong, you want to be able to get along at work still.

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

26 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm

sperg445 wrote:
So I have a job I really like, it is a small partnership with like 20 people total(10 per shift) working there. There is this girl that has started talking to recently.

???

What does this mean? Did you start talking to the girl or did the girl start talking to you first?

sperg445
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Jul 2015, 11:01 pm

rugulach wrote:
sperg445 wrote:
So I have a job I really like, it is a small partnership with like 20 people total(10 per shift) working there. There is this girl that has started talking to recently.

???

What does this mean? Did you start talking to the girl or did the girl start talking to you first?

Partnership as in the type of business. It is not a corporation and not a sole proprietorship. She started talking to me first

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2015, 11:07 pm

i met my husband at work, so i'm inclined to tell you to go for it as long as there are no policies against it. always behave thoughtfully, so that even if things don't work out between you, you can still have a good working relationship.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2015, 7:36 am

I agree with the others. You should get to know her better.

My husband and I were suspicious to date each other because we each thought the other was out of our league.

forex1234
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2015, 11:23 am

The_Walrus wrote:
There are risks, the biggest being that she lies about you and damages your reputation, but I think you should seize the opportunity.

Make sure you explain to her how much you value the job and that if it all goes wrong, you want to be able to get along at work still.

agree ^

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 11:06 am

Go for it. I know how one sees it at 65. You regret not going for it, not for dithering and having no great memories.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 1:34 pm

It sounds very likely she's interested in you in a mating kind of way. Under your circumstances, I doubt if you'll be able to resist her. I'd strongly recommend doing your utmost to weigh up her character and work out if she's compatible, but it's probably too late, human biology being what it is.

Do you really think you could lose your job if you got involved with her? How would that happen? The only problem I can foresee is that if you were to split up, it would be hard to get away from each other, which could be quite unhealthy. Depends what kind of people you are.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 1:51 pm

The moment you start referring to her to anybody as your girl-friend in any conversation with other people around, basically, will be when you make it official (she will also likely not object at that statement either). She is probably just waiting for you to say something like that in order to make it become « official » between you two.

Actually, try hugging her before you two go home, and in fact, keep holding her in your arms after hugging her & looking directly at her to see if she gives any kind of resistance to it or not, and if she's pressing her hips into you as she hugs back, you basically have yourself a girl-friend if it seems like she's still willing to let you proceed with more than just hugging.

rugulach
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jul 2015, 6:14 pm

sperg445 wrote:
She started talking to me first

Nice. Somehow, that never seems to happen to me. Girls do not ever talk to me first - they'd rather wait, sometimes even for years, for me to approach them. I have always wondered why this is so? What makes girls approach certain guys and not others?

sperg445
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Aug 2015, 7:39 pm

rugulach wrote:
sperg445 wrote:
She started talking to me first

Nice. Somehow, that never seems to happen to me. Girls do not ever talk to me first - they'd rather wait, sometimes even for years, for me to approach them. I have always wondered why this is so? What makes girls approach certain guys and not others?

I know exactly how you feel, this was me most of my life. Now I smoke weed everyday and am really relax and give no f***s.

sperg445
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Aug 2015, 7:40 pm

pcuser wrote:
Go for it. I know how one sees it at 65. You regret not going for it, not for dithering and having no great memories.

I think I will. I was thinking and whatever happens at this job it will not affect my life in any major way, cant say the same about a relationship

pcuser
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 10:24 pm

sperg445 wrote:
pcuser wrote:

I think I will. I was thinking and whatever happens at this job it will not affect my life in any major way, cant say the same about a relationship

Let us know how it goes. If it fails, you still tried and you get props from me and probably many others...

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2015, 11:14 pm

sperg445 wrote:
pcuser wrote:

So you've weighed up her character then, and figured she's the right horse for your course?