Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2015, 3:28 pm

If I end up dying alone and old having struggled and failed to find companionship the entire time, what will have been the point of struggling if it was all for nothing?

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 3:44 pm

Life is not all about finding a companion. There are many other things worth your effort and time. Struggling to find companionship may be detrimental to finding companionship. You should enjoy what you like and be happy. That way you will have a better chance of finding a companion. Even if you find a companion, you might have a horrible traumatizing breakup and you may end up dying alone and bitter. Anyone can possibly die alone. There's no point in worrying about it now.

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2015, 3:46 pm

jk1 wrote:
Life is not all about finding a companion. There are many other things worth your effort and time. Struggling to find companionship may be detrimental to finding companionship. You should enjoy what you like and be happy. That way you will have a better chance of finding a companion. Even if you find a companion, you might have a horrible traumatizing breakup and you may end up dying alone and bitter. Anyone can possibly die alone. There's no point in worrying about it now.

I'm already bitter and have had multiple horrible traumatizing breakups.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 4:50 pm

JohnnyLurg wrote:
jk1 wrote:

I'm already bitter and have had multiple horrible traumatizing breakups.

Dude, you're 24. Look at the boat I'm in - I'm old enough to be.........your sister. :D Anyway, I haven't found my Hunny yet either. You still have some time on your side. Don't cash your chips in yet.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

JWS
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2015, 5:02 pm

Johnnylurg, I understand pretty well about your fear! I have my own fears about feeling like I will probably never be buried after dying in my own bed. Like you, I have no one, and to top it all off, I'm older than nurseangela. She's a real sweet woman, though! :-)
Just trying to say don't give up til you're way older than you are. Try finding companionship at 47 years old with more than Asperger's holding you back. That's the ship I'm in....
By the way, I wish you God's blessing, Johnnylurg!

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 5:37 pm

Quote:
. She's a real sweet woman, though! :-)

Why thank you, Mr. J! You're making me blush! :oops:

I actually worry about it too. I thought about getting one of those things to put around my neck just in case I happen to slip in the tub or whatever. I would definitely get one if I was a little older and having a hard time getting around. The alarm system I have has a medical button on it, so I guess I could used that. I worry that I might choke on something or faint (I almost did faint before) and no one is there to help me. I still remember when I had the Influenza A really bad and had really high temperatures to the point that I was delirious. I remember running out into the living room and not knowing it was my living room and calling my Ma saying I didn't know where I was. I'm still mad today because of that - she should have known I needed to go to the hospital. I ended up in bed for 5 days with no showers because I felt I would faint in the shower and my bed was sopping wet with sweat from having fevers and breaking them continuously. I was just barely able to feed Waldo in between fevers. Going through that alone again scares me.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2015, 5:45 pm

...:-( :cry: me too

sleepingpancake
Toucan
Toucan

15 Aug 2015, 10:02 pm

JohnnyLurg wrote:
If I end up dying alone and old having struggled and failed to find companionship the entire time, what will have been the point of struggling if it was all for nothing?

we have the same situation...im kinda like hoping for a companion, not marriage and family but just simple companionship be it a friend is also okay with.being forever alone is kinda pathetic i think, maybe when were 70 well find someone :P ...just kidding, im 21 though