Will i benefit with a serotonin treatment?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 4:30 pm

ive been really depressed all month... it started with panic attacks in early october after reading a book called Perks Of Being a Wallflower, my psychologist said the book sent my autistic brain into an overload and things keep getting worse. I attempted suicide a few times a few weeks ago, i went to the hospital and they suggested i start taking serotonin and prescribed me some. im skeptical, i dont like the looks of the side effects. Im still cutting myself, everytime i do i cut deeper and deeper, and i feel myself getting lower and lower... i cant enjoy anything anymore.

is anyone on serotonin right now and find it helps them?

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2015, 10:02 pm

I am sorry to hear you are so depressed lately. Do you mean to say that you are taking Sertraline(Zoloft). I assume you were put on some sort of SSRi antidepressant that works on serotonin. Nobody takes serotonin but people do take drugs that work on serotonin. Nobody can tell you whether or not a drug is going to help you with your depression, you won't know until you try it and it usually needs 4 to 6 weeks to begin working.

Does your psychologist know you cut yourself? i wonder if they can teach you some coping skills specific to self-injury. I wonder if DBT might benefit you as well (Dialectal Behavioral Therapy) which you can ask your psychlogist about to help you manage your feelings and cope with your suicidal and self injury related thoughts.