I Think so 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No 83%  83%  [ 10 ]
No but some symptoms of it 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:41 pm

A doctor recently suggested I may have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, hyper mobility type, and I'll probably be getting tested for it, I want to know how common it is for autistic people.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor)
My website;
www.autistichelpsyou.com

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:43 pm

Rose Guedes has writtenn made videos about this topic extensively

She also has an album out called DreamerQueen to help fund her medical care it talks about ASd n EDS too

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 8:46 pm

blooiejagwa wrote:
Rose Guedes has writtenn made videos about this topic extensively

She also has an album out called DreamerQueen to help fund her medical care it talks about ASd n EDS too

Could you link it? Thank you!

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor)
My website;
www.autistichelpsyou.com

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2019, 9:27 pm

I said no in the poll but I didn't know what it was... Reading about it, it's kinda similar to what I have but my condition isn't life threatening. A few years ago I was diagnosed with "connective tissue disease" but the doctor wanted to do genetic tests but my insurance said no. I have bad hypotonia and I'm double-jointed but I do not dislocate my joints. I have a strange gait and my feet point out at a strange angle. The doc thought I had some sort of muscular dystrophy.

EyeDash
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2019, 11:24 pm

Both Ehlers-Danlos and Autism run in my family. My mom, sister and I have autism and some of my sister's kids have EDS (and one had ADHD). I and my sister might have EDS (I forget which type, but not the hypermobility one), but my niece and a couple nephews have the hypermobility form of EDS. My sister has tons of connective tissue problems, has had titanium rods in her back and neck and a knee replacement and is wheelchair-bound. I've got spinal and other general osteoarthritis that produces pain and physical limitation (but I consider myself fortunate it's not worse). I've studied both EDS and ASD and they are quite distinct in etiology and genetic origins, so I really have no clue why they might be related. EDS occurs when there's a straight-ouout genetic defect in the production of one of the types of collagen in the body. ASD occurs as a syndrome as a neurodevelopmental disorder during early brain development (often around age 2 as the brain volume is rapidly growing and axons are extending to link appropriate brain nuclei), and can be due to direct mutation that is passed to the child, de novo mutation in the child (sperm or ovum), copy number variation, and in some cases due to the presence of a specific substance in utero (like valproic acid) or a deficiency during gestation (like iodine).