Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

giaam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2007, 11:59 pm

Do you ever get the sensation that your'e not realy here. I mean I can be just doin my own thing, and I get the sensation that I viewing the world through someone else's eyes, a bit like 'de ja vue' sort of feeling. I realy feel at these times that I am in some sort of dream and that reality isn't actualy here with me. It's just a thought, - wondered if anyone else experienced similar. 8O

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 12:01 am

Yes. I just refer to it as phasing out.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 12:02 am

Yeah, that kind of crap happens to me all the time. It's kind of like slipping into a different plane for a second.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 12:03 am

I get this about 4-5 times a week. I call it my 'real' mood. I think I see what's really there, and nothing is supposed to make sense.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 12:12 am

Every step, every breath and every second of my experience. I've never felt alive (how people have explained to me what's contained in the feeling of "alive"), nor do I feel dead; I'm locked in that place that's in-between, that place that’s incomprehensible to everyone including me.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 12:47 am

YEP!

Rain_Bird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2007, 1:01 am

like depersonalization? That happens to me sometimes. It doesn't seem to happen as often anymore, but I used to get that all the time. I think it's related to depression or something, like slipping out of reality is the only way to cope with it or something. It's late and I should have gone to bed hours ago, so I don't know if I'm making any sense. :P

OrderAndChaos30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2007, 2:19 am

Yes. Happend to me too.

foxman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2007, 2:42 am

Yeah, when I'm just too tired or stressed to participate, and I just end up watching what's going on, like I'm wandering around in someone else's dream.

(Had a serious moment like that in the Paris metro...my friends were seriously concerned that I wouldn't make it home...then again, they just thought I was drunk^.^)

SunChild1969
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2007, 2:48 am

Rain_Bird wrote:
like depersonalization? That happens to me sometimes. It doesn't seem to happen as often anymore, but I used to get that all the time. I think it's related to depression or something, like slipping out of reality is the only way to cope with it or something. It's late and I should have gone to bed hours ago, so I don't know if I'm making any sense. :P

Thats interesting that you say its related to depression, I never felt that way when I was depressed. But I got that feeling of depersonalisation constantly when I was on a high dose of anti-depressants. It felt like the world wasn't really real, but more like a dream, and I could do anything I wanted because there were no consequences. I started doing some really weird stuff. Now that I'm on a low dose I don't get it anymore.

Last edited by SunChild1969 on 22 Apr 2007, 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 2:48 am

Yeah, I think I have what you're describing happen to me from time to time. I think it's part of the reason I loved The Matrix...because I've sometimes felt like things aren't quite right...

I also sometimes feel like I'm sort of "out of sync" with my body (I think this is different from the other sensation I occasionally have that this thread is about). Like it takes an effort to think quite right, or move quite right. I don't know how to describe it better than that. It's just like my body's slightly out of sync with my brain somehow.

lab_pet
Raven
Raven

22 Apr 2007, 3:13 am

Yes; I cannot wake up. As if I'm in a hypnogogic state. However, I get some of my most productive work done in this way, sometimes. Outsiders with whom I have encountered have said, when they think I'm not listening, I seem "phantom-like." Not always. There are times I am deeply autistic and far away. I am, however, not vacant. Quite the contrary, I am in deep thought &/or merging. I sense deeply. I see the unseen. But, I am often misinterpreted. I suppose that's the quandry of being an Aspie....sigh. I have a lot of innate discipline and motivation, plus I am very conscientious, which is probably what keeps me grounded.

When I feel "far away" or locked inside my mind, I can become (disoriented?) - not the right word, but close? Oh, I do not, nor have I ever, chemically altered myself with alcohol, drugs, etc. I would never purposely sabotage my enhanced senses. I guess I'm just naturally in this state due to being autistic.

I do have feelings of deja vu, which can be disconcerting. Plus, when I have nightmares, I seem to have a really hard time recooperating. Rough.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

22 Apr 2007, 12:40 pm

yes. i used to get that "your in a movie looking at yourself" feeling all the time. fake feeling, i only get it everyonce inawile now though. it is an uncomfortable feeling

Mr_Winston
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Apr 2007, 12:44 pm

I get that feeling regularly but not frequently. It tends to appear as and when, and can be quite unnerving.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2007, 12:45 pm

I call it nullness. I’m thinking it is caused by an overload similar to meltdows. Though different from disassociation. It can be like sound around you are meaningless and garbled.

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2007, 4:00 am

I often feel like I might actually be in bed, asleep, dreaming all this.