Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Feb 2016, 10:03 pm

is it a emotion losing control?

i think i may have had outbursts before.

im still new to this site so im sure most people on here know what they are.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 2:29 am

A outbusrt or Meltdown is a complete loss of emotional control caused by

- Emotional build up over a long period of time
- Sudden Change in setting or routine (in autism case)
- A loss of control in a situation
-Rage

Meltdowns are usually violent and dangerous to the person experiencing them and to anyone around the person.

Meltdowns consist of Crying, yelling, screaming, swearing, repeating phrases over and over, self harm, throwing objects blindly or at people and in some cases running away.

Its rare that a autistic person does not go through meltdowns, sometimes meltdowns become less intense later in life, they can be just crying and mild self harm. The More support a autistic person has the less amount of meltdowns

Meltdowns are very exhausting and take a while to recover from.

Meltdowns are not learned behaviours, they are not tantrums, they are a complete loss of control and a autistic person will have a hard time calming down at a Rumbling stage.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 3:01 am

When my mother forces me to do something I do not want to do. And we get into a giant argument. I either do two things. Go to place somewhere far away or I have been getting into mixing and adding to music lately.

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Feb 2016, 3:08 am

When I was little and had those outbursts, I used to roll around in bubble wrap until I cooled off or until all of the bubbles were popped.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 3:22 am

The_Gimp wrote:
When I was little and had those outbursts, I used to roll around in bubble wrap until I cooled off or until all of the bubbles were popped.

I see you are a fan of "Pulp Fiction". Very good movie.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2016, 4:42 am

I don't have them very often anymore. The last time was a few months ago, and everyone was mad at me and basically told me I overreacted and acted like a baby.

I got extremely upset over a period of a few hours when I was visiting relatives. We had a few minor disagreements, but I got increasingly upset and eventually started sobbing uncontrollably for quite awhile. I had to leave. It did not go over well.

When I was younger the reaction was usually rage, and a lot of times crying along with it. I was often violent.