Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

random1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2016, 10:00 pm

like in classrooms or if ur still in school or anywhere really would u look around alot.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2016, 10:02 pm

Yes, my attention span is very very short, its so bad that i will forget where i am, who people are and what im doing because my mind switches so quickly and i cant process things at the same speed that my mind runs...

Just writting this paragraph i constantly stop and just stare into space, im not always aware of it but the only time i can focous for more than a minute is when im drawing.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Feb 2016, 3:57 am

Yes but I have ADD in addition to my Aspergers.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 4:11 am

Once I am focused on things, I "lock on" to them, and can remain very focused. But I am very easily distracted before I reach that point. And noises really distract me unless I am hyper-focusing, in that case I'll hear nothing around me at all.

If I get interrupted, it can take a long time to get into the focused state again. So I'm both really, really focused at times, and also easily distracted.

GarTog
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Feb 2016, 7:12 am

Most of the time I am..... "OH LOOK SOMETHING RED!! !"

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 7:19 am

Yigeren wrote:
Once I am focused on things, I "lock on" to them, and can remain very focused. But I am very easily distracted before I reach that point. And noises really distract me unless I am hyper-focusing, in that case I'll hear nothing around me at all.

If I get interrupted, it can take a long time to get into the focused state again. So I'm both really, really focused at times, and also easily distracted.

This is sort of how I am.

But I'd add that not only am I easily distracted before I zone in on something, but it's very, very hard for me to find something that I care enough about that will zone me in. I have no control over what interests me and does not, and I can't force myself.

Most of the times my mind just ping-pongs around various anxieties, disappointments and frustrations over not being able to handle real life things very well.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 6:53 pm

beakybird wrote:
Yigeren wrote:

But I'd add that not only am I easily distracted before I zone in on something, but it's very, very hard for me to find something that I care enough about that will zone me in. I have no control over what interests me and does not, and I can't force myself.

Most of the times my mind just ping-pongs around various anxieties, disappointments and frustrations over not being able to handle real life things very well.

I'm like that with things that don't interest me, also. I am really very lucky that I have such an enormous amount of natural curiosity. It allows me to find an interest in a wide variety of subjects. Otherwise, I don't know what I'd do.

If I try to study something I have no interest in, I will fall asleep, even over my book. The mental effort required to concentrate on something so boring just wears me out.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 6:57 pm

It helps to sit in front of class so the distractions are outside your field of view.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 7:09 pm

Yes if it's something I am forcing myself to do, like certain school work. No if it is something I am absorbed in. Then it is very hard to get my attention.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 7:17 pm

Yigeren wrote:
beakybird wrote:
Yigeren wrote:

I'm like that with things that don't interest me, also. I am really very lucky that I have such an enormous amount of natural curiosity. It allows me to find an interest in a wide variety of subjects. Otherwise, I don't know what I'd do.

If I try to study something I have no interest in, I will fall asleep, even over my book. The mental effort required to concentrate on something so boring just wears me out.

Yeah it's so bad for me that I can't even read a book without getting anxiety after 15-20 minutes. Even about something I'm interested in. I can barely read an article on the internet. I mean, even on this site, even if it's a thread I have interest in and can say something useful, if it's more than 2 pages i usually don't even bother.

You are lucky that you have that. I'd tell you what you'd do without it. Develop bad habits to compensate and be bored constantly. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2016, 7:50 pm

I have a tendency to get distracted a lot.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 1:15 pm

I get distracted loads of times, especially since I think quite quickly and my mind is always whizzing around with new ideas.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2016, 1:53 pm

I have ADHD, Though I have a theory that the Autism may cause the ADHD.

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2016, 3:27 pm

Yigeren wrote:

This also describes me exactly!

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 12:20 am

It depends on what I am doing. If not a special interest, I'm the most distracted person on earth. If in the zone, so to speak, no. I've had people actually have to touch me to get my attention. Even had an eraser thrown at me once in school. Nobody could get my attention. Students around me couldn't even get my attention. Fortunately, erasers are not hard. And, back then, it would not have made ripples at all.

Worse, I found out that apparently when in that state of mind, the unintentional vocalizations happen. That's not good.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2016, 4:57 am

Pieplup wrote:
I have ADHD, Though I have a theory that the Autism may cause the ADHD.

I was told that those previously diagnosed with ADHD typically have the ADHD diagnosis removed once they are diagnosed with autism, as the autism explains the symptoms of ADHD. Same with OCD, and often with social anxiety disorder.