Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

franknfurter
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 8:32 am

I was given Zoloft to take at 25mg once a day for general anxiety. its the first day so I have only taken one so far, I unfortunately could not help the urge to look at the side effects, so now I am terrified of vomiting with them, has anyone been ill in that way on Zoloft. I read it causes nausea which scares me as well.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2016, 11:23 pm

Any drug can cause nausea, which is why I'm very afraid to take any new medication that I don't know how I'm going to react to. Once I lost around 30 pound in a month because of some psychiatric drug I was put on made it nearly impossible for me to swallow food and my mouth was so dry. I also had horrible anxiety and RLS. Every moment of my life was pure torture.

I hate psychiatrists and they should be in jail for making me go through all kinds of hell and back.

One time I was put in the hospital, and they took me off all my meds. Not only was I suffering through the withdrawl of being on addictive medication but then they prescribed lithium, a drug I had previously been on and was taken off because I was reacting badly to it. I did not take it and was eventually put on my previous meds but I went through torture because my shrink was away and I had to wait until he came back, so I went through several nights not sleeping at all, not eating, and walking around my parents house so much I got leg cramps but I couldn't stop. The info sheet that came with the lithium was about 90% written in capital letters warning about how dangerous it is, and I feel really bad for anyone who has to take it for bipolar or whatever. The treatment for mental illness is just as bad as the the stigma. :(

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 12:17 am

I had the EXACT same problem i stopped the treatment because i would have panic attacks caused by the nausea. ironic isnt it?

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 12:26 am

If it bothers you that much, perhaps you could get a script for phenergan or ondansetron to have on hand? (They both help with nausea/vomiting and neither are controlled substances).

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 2:54 am

100000fireflies wrote:
If it bothers you that much, perhaps you could get a script for phenergan or ondansetron to have on hand? (They both help with nausea/vomiting and neither are controlled substances).

lol i already take Gravol (over the counter anti-nausea medication) daily due to my Emetophobia

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com