Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

squier
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 1:05 pm

YAY!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! ! WOOHOOOO!! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!
okay, you will not believe this! for christmas, my parents got a book i wrote published!! !! !! ! YES!! !! the description on the site that is selling it says:

A 12-year-old's introspective monologue on his life with Asperger's Syndrome, a form of autism, Through My Eyes will enlighten readers to the challeges faces by Aspie kids.

the book is titled "THROUGH MY EYES: a life with autism", i am saving up $100 dollors ISBN, so i can have actuall stores sell it
if you wanna buy it, please do, it's $7, you can get it at

http://www.lulu.com/content/563801

i needed to tell someone, i hope this doesn't sound like an ad, sorry if it did, :oops:

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

Corvus
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 1:14 pm

Nope, dude, no advertising! Thats awesome that happened! Congratulations! :)

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 1:15 pm

What a thoughtful gift! You really SHOULD put SOMETHING down on that site though. Otherwise, it may be a HARD sell! If it is a good book, gets a couple of reviews, and you put down more info there you might be able to TRIPLE the price without affecting sales!

Steve

squier
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 1:20 pm

SteveK wrote:
What a thoughtful gift! You really SHOULD put SOMETHING down on that site though. Otherwise, it may be a HARD sell! If it is a good book, gets a couple of reviews, and you put down more info there you might be able to TRIPLE the price without affecting sales!

Steve

what do you mean by "put something down" ?

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

logitechdog
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 1:36 pm

That's nice don't know how many book's are written by As people in the us but they is tone's here, since they pop them out like they where 2 page essays, doesn't really help people as even the Attwood books get people confused - and even writing your story and giving it to someone still gets them confused... maybe 1 day they will get it more book's out they maybe 1 day they will pick them up would try and get them into libraries too…

/*
Mind you I think they don't even bother reading it - as i Know my mother still hasnt read the attwood book...
*/

Don't know what SteveK mean's as they is a preview book content part button under the book image...

http://www.ont-autism.uoguelph.ca/books ... thors.html heres some other books probably more...

But atleast you can get a profit from it....

krex
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 2:16 pm

That is really incredible!! !!!Congratulations.I think the more books from aspie perspective the better because it can show the diversity of the aspie experience and dispel some of the current stereo-types.I just bought "All cats have Aspergers" and though it has some good points(love the kitty pics)and gives some general info...it still has a "stereo-type" feel to it and is written for really young kids.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

violet_yoshi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 2:55 pm

That's even better than getting a comet named after you! I'm referring to an episode of Camp Lazlo, where it was discovered that Counselor Lumpus had a comet named after him.

ion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Dec 2006, 3:34 pm

Nice. I might be interested. :D

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 4:35 pm

squier wrote:
SteveK wrote:

Steve

what do you mean by "put something down" ?

I didn't realize there was a preview link. Sorry. 8-(

Steve

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Dec 2006, 6:38 pm

Congratulations! On the book and on having parents like that. :D
I just bought a copy - you can really write Squier - I suspect this is the beginning of a great writing career.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2006, 7:28 pm

WOW, I'll probably get a copy just to show others, and see what ELSE you have to say, etc...! The very first 2 pages are something EVERYONE should read!(ESPECIALLY NTs!) It brings back memories too. I'm not good in math, but I DO remember being given math problems, like what you show, having the right answers and feeling it was silly to show my work. I don't remember that being difficult at all. I didn't even get my first calculator until I was 9 or 10, so I certainly didn't use that.(I don't even think they existed back then.) 8-) The rest I also have. Happily, the names they called you, outside of ones like freak perhaps, aren't because of AS. Maybe you should make that clearer.

I wish you the best of success!

Steve

BTW I would already have bought it, but shipping is a PAIN due to my travels!

ALSO, I never saw alberts formula for success before. 8-( I don't really know play, and have often failed to keep quiet. 8-(

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Dec 2006, 9:31 pm

Cool, I might get one.

mummadisaster
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Dec 2006, 10:17 pm

That's fantastic, squier - your parents are awesome!!

I will order myself one of your books when I next get paid (Christmas has caused quite a dent on my finances this year!).

All the best to you.

Jus

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2006, 10:17 am

That's amazing ,well done!! ! :D :D :D I think I will be buying a copy when I get paid after New Year as I like the way you tell it. I have read the preview and it's a really good opening to the book.

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Dec 2006, 8:04 am

First of all Squier- WELL DONE! Congratulations!

logitechdog wrote:
I Know my mother still hasnt read the attwood book...

Tell me about that! I left her some books, including the Attwood book, for her to read. She said "I'll read them later, I need to let what you've told me sink in." This was at the end of July. I come back and judging by the layer of dust on them, she hasn't TOUCHED them. As far as I can tell, it's head-in-the-sand syndrome-my mother has a remarkable ability to ignore things she doesn't like.

I give up with my mother. I have other people waiting to read thiose books-people i know will be bothered to read them.

I've even given her short descriptions and definitions and info from the Net in case the volume of material put her off (although she's a champion reader) and THEY haven't been touched either-just out away and forgotten about.

JulieArticuno

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2006, 8:29 am

JulieArticuno wrote:
First of all Squier- WELL DONE! Congratulations!

logitechdog wrote:
I Know my mother still hasnt read the attwood book...

Tell me about that! I left her some books, including the Attwood book, for her to read. She said "I'll read them later, I need to let what you've told me sink in." This was at the end of July. I come back and judging by the layer of dust on them, she hasn't TOUCHED them. As far as I can tell, it's head-in-the-sand syndrome-my mother has a remarkable ability to ignore things she doesn't like.

I give up with my mother. I have other people waiting to read thiose books-people i know will be bothered to read them.

I've even given her short descriptions and definitions and info from the Net in case the volume of material put her off (although she's a champion reader) and THEY haven't been touched either-just out away and forgotten about.

JulieArticuno

I don't know WHAT is with parents! I mean this AS is ****ODD**** it really IS almost like village of the damned! We ARE all different, but there are SO many "odd" things a lot of us do that can be directly tied to this. It is like it made us go to the same school or something, and made to do some of the same things, etc...

I couldn't help but laugh when I found that the 2 other people that answered the tangental answer poll answered it like I did. That was always thought to be WIERD, so most would consider it a stupid question and say "NO WAY"! And the sensory skewing! Extreme interests! etc....

You would think they would want to read it if only to see what you might do next. I mean most parents read the NORMAL milestones for kids, don't they!

And the parents that haven't read their own sons book weren't even interested in what he might have said about THEM? ODD!

Steve