Page 4 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 5:28 pm

Yigeren wrote:
Nobody likes me...I'm not sure anyone has ever hated me, just strongly disliked me enough to make my life miserable.

the people who treat you like that, IMHO, are stupid. :x

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 5:37 pm

ALL the kids in school hated me for no reason.

And got grief from my parents because I "didnt make friends".

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 5:59 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
ALL the kids in school hated me for no reason.

And got grief from my parents because I "didnt make friends".
I would say that my childhood was the same with this one difference. It's based on hindsight:

Maybe I didn't mean any offense, but I may have given offense. That whole "Little Professor", or "Aloof", or "Constantly correcting things", or not 'getting the rhythms or knowing when to talk' and stepping all over other people's words in conversation.

So, maybe, just mayyyybe, I did cause those problems.

Maybe, just mayyyybe I'm the one who DID come off controlling because all I was trying to do was make sense of a crazy world that makes no sense to me. i.e. All those crazy things like ritual and schedules and planning things and all that sort of stuff that's necessary in my life.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 7:30 pm

the only thing that saved me from more bullying in school, was my unpredictable reactions.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 7:32 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the only thing that saved me from more bullying in school, was my unpredictable reactions.
I learned to be fast and glib by listening to comedy albums at the time.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 7:39 pm

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I learned to be fast and glib by listening to comedy albums at the time.

what comedy albums? :) I had the involuntary and intermittent reaction of fighting dirty [kicking the yarbles wearing steel-toed shoes I wore for defense].

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 8:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
what comedy albums? :)
George Carlin, Gabe Kaplan were two primary influences. Carlin was good for the "If you can't bedazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS." type of response.

auntblabby wrote:
I had the involuntary and intermittent reaction of fighting dirty [kicking the yarbles wearing steel-toed shoes I wore for defense].
I went one of two ways with that. I either got the crap kicked out of me because I was being the as*hole, or, if not, I really laid into them. Got pulled off more than one kid.

Comedy hurt less and made me seem eccentric instead of something else that got beat up on. I mean, even if you won, it hurt like hell on the hands......or the behind in those days. Schools didn't have those qualms back then.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 8:17 pm

Of course. But, I learned to ignore them. This helped me to ignore some of the more publicized disagreements that some (newspapers and legislators) had with me. I won, they lost. That is all that mattered.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 8:21 pm

zkydz wrote:
I went one of two ways with that. I either got the crap kicked out of me because I was being the as*hole, or, if not, I really laid into them. Got pulled off more than one kid. Comedy hurt less and made me seem eccentric instead of something else that got beat up on. I mean, even if you won, it hurt like hell on the hands......or the behind in those days. Schools didn't have those qualms back then.

being a head taller and older than my classmates [I think I was held back in kindergarten] also helped, but verbally I was like a deer in the headlights, all tongue-tied.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 8:26 pm

auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
I went one of two ways with that. I either got the crap kicked out of me because I was being the as*hole, or, if not, I really laid into them. Got pulled off more than one kid. Comedy hurt less and made me seem eccentric instead of something else that got beat up on. I mean, even if you won, it hurt like hell on the hands......or the behind in those days. Schools didn't have those qualms back then.

being a head taller and older than my classmates [I think I was held back in kindergarten] also helped, but verbally I was like a deer in the headlights, all tongue-tied.
I get that way a lot when I have to answer things for real. But, in a situation like in school, it worked. I think it was the non-sequitor things that got them.

I was small for my age. Then in 7th grade I shot up to 5'7" and they thought I was going to be a giant. But, then all of a sudden, a year later, they all caught up and passed me and I was back to being slightly less than average size.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 8:27 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Of course. But, I learned to ignore them. This helped me to ignore some of the more publicized disagreements that some (newspapers and legislators) had with me. I won, they lost. That is all that mattered.

You ever feel like when you win, it still feels like a loss?

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Feb 2016, 8:31 pm

Oh yea, probably more than I know since I just know the dicks that made it public.

I had a couple teachers that took a special pleasure in tormenting me and would look to throw me out of their class for any reason. Now I returned all the hate I got in turn so it went tit for tat.

Nowadays I don't know, it's so hard to read some people that you just make assumptions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 8:51 pm

zkydz wrote:
I get that way a lot when I have to answer things for real. But, in a situation like in school, it worked. I think it was the non-sequitor things that got them. I was small for my age. Then in 7th grade I shot up to 5'7" and they thought I was going to be a giant. But, then all of a sudden, a year later, they all caught up and passed me and I was back to being slightly less than average size.

take it from me, tall ain't everything. I'd trade it in a second for a genius IQ or bulletproof health.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

29 Feb 2016, 8:55 pm

zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:

I get that way a lot when I have to answer things for real. But, in a situation like in school, it worked. I think it was the non-sequitor things that got them.

I was small for my age. Then in 7th grade I shot up to 5'7" and they thought I was going to be a giant. But, then all of a sudden, a year later, they all caught up and passed me and I was back to being slightly less than average size.

Exact same thing happened to me, same ages and everything altho I never had any illusions about being a giant.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 9:18 pm

Jacoby wrote:
zkydz wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
zkydz wrote:

Exact same thing happened to me, same ages and everything although I never had any illusions about being a giant.
I didn't think I would be tall. They did because I was a bit ahead of the growth curve. I just stopped growing. Well, until 24. That was the last time I remember being measured and it not changing anymore. Topped out at 5'8.5". Grew a total of 1.5" in 10 years....Now, I'm on the shrinking side of life.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 9:45 pm

people of our vintage need to pay extra attention to our posture so as to avoid the old-age hump.