Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

aspieinaz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Apr 2016, 4:57 am

Do you guys have dreams that you wake up and remember? I never do. Other people are always talking about their dreams, I have none, at least not that I remember. My sleep also is not refreshing. I wake up tired every day.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:55 pm

I remember my dreams most of the time. The only time I forget dreams is when I don't get a chance to think about them when I get up in the morning.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm

I have memorable dreams every now and then. Probably have more that I dont remember.
We have a couple of thread in General discussion devoted to sharing dreams. So I doubt that ASD folks are any more dream impaired than anyone else.

You may have some kind of sleep disorder which is probably unrelated to autism.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:02 pm

If I remember a dream, it's usually a nightmare.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:05 pm

I almost always remember mine if I think about them when waking up. Otherwise the memory can fade very quickly.

RinpocheMacGuffin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2016, 8:07 pm

Last week I had a really bizarre dream about a deep field of some sort of grassy crop, taller than 6ft, but it was blocked by these big rectangular sheets of perspex that moved to block me running through it. The further in I got the harder it got. When I told the brain doctor about it he said 'play less Tetris' :lol:

It's the only dream I can remember having this year...

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:37 pm

I remember a dream almost every night. (Interestingly, this didn't used to be the case. It only started when I started wearing a mouthguard at night. Weird.) But usually I can't recall a specific storyline or specific details, just random snippets.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:54 pm

Sometimes I remember them but not always. Sometimes I write magnificent classical music or movies in my sleep and wish I could remember them when I woke up. I would like to have my brain tapped into to see if I can remember them and write them down.

Wreck It Ralph

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 9:37 pm

I used to recall one dream every few months, but then I got obsessed with lucid dreaming and I got in the habit of taking notes about my dreams right as I wake up, sometimes I am able to remember multiple dreams per night (although most of the time I just remember a few random images from it) and I sometimes have lucid dreams too. Granted, I am yet to have a lucid dream lasting more then a few seconds.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 10:14 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
I remember my dreams most of the time. The only time I forget dreams is when I don't get a chance to think about them when I get up in the morning.

Mostly the same for me, although if the dream was pretty intense and left a great impression, sometimes I will recall it anyway without having to remember it.

Oh, and I'm an occasional lucid dreamer myself. mikeman7918, it'll likely only get better with time. :)

skibum, I know right! It was once so frustrating when I had such a nice and catchy song playing in a radio in a dream of mine and when I woke up, it faded. Generally, I love the music that shows up in my dreams. It's the soundtrack of my heart and I wish I had access to it at any time...

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 10:25 pm

Every time I lucid dream it's incomplete. I struggle with flight, or at least controlling it.
I remember most of it and it's usually in my place within from where I live: whether it's a random part of my hometown or village or my house...

Overall, I can remember them but I struggle with control.
Want a beach? I get a pool or a canal instead. :lol: Skyscraper? Nope, I just get a half-done extended version of a very tall mall.

Funny, I just had one today.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.