Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AspergianSuperstar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2011, 8:17 pm

I suppose this is the question most guys with Autism would like to ask so here goes...

Does anyone have any tips for Autistic guys to help talking to girls they like? I used to think I was a lot better but I suppose my confidence has taken a bash recently - so now I am a lot more shy and reserved.

Theres always this awkwardness if you like someone but don't know if they are attached, how do you navigate through that and avoid any awkwardness if you find they are.

Thanks

Also what kind of girls get along better with someone with Asperger's - I have it very mild and a lot of the time people can't tell I have it, sometimes I come across as being so natural and they seem to be interested but I can't tell that for sure from the signs they give off, just get a general feeling.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 10:21 pm

AspergianSuperstar wrote:
I suppose this is the question most guys with Autism would like to ask so here goes...

Does anyone have any tips for Autistic guys to help talking to girls they like? I used to think I was a lot better but I suppose my confidence has taken a bash recently - so now I am a lot more shy and reserved.

Theres always this awkwardness if you like someone but don't know if they are attached, how do you navigate through that and avoid any awkwardness if you find they are.

Thanks

Also what kind of girls get along better with someone with Asperger's - I have it very mild and a lot of the time people can't tell I have it, sometimes I come across as being so natural and they seem to be interested but I can't tell that for sure from the signs they give off, just get a general feeling.

You should talk to girls like you would talk to anyone. Girls are people first, like everyone else.

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2017, 11:58 am

as an Aspie,if an opposite sex social encounter went wrong,i would've ran for the hills the way they would've

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

28 Jan 2017, 11:59 am

Chronos wrote:
AspergianSuperstar wrote:

Thanks

You should talk to girls like you would talk to anyone. Girls are people first, like everyone else.

and guys getting along with girls who are neurotypical

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2017, 4:55 pm

For me, it may be because I'm younger, there aren't many issues. If I have a crush, I just avoid talking to her. If I find someone attractive, I try my hardest to stare at their eyes and not...never mind. You get what I mean, good luck!