Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lonely autistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2016, 3:41 pm

i SEEM TO AT TIMES TO GET SHOCKED EVEN IN WARM WEATHER LIKE A MINUTE AGO I TOUCHED MY MOM AND GOT SHOCKED AND ITS WARM AND I HAVE NO SHOES ON, IM EVEN SWEATING, IT IS VERY EXASPERATING!! ! AND DISCOURAGING, DO AUTISIC PEOPLE HAVE MORE STATIC BUILDUP THAN OTHER PEOPLE!! iM SO TIRED OF THIS, I CAN'T TOUCH PEOPLE IN THE WINTER. ONLY IN THE SUMMER COULD I EVEN TOUCH PEOPLE WIHOUT GETTING JOLTED!! ! :x :x NOW EVEN THE SUMMER IS NOW OFF LIMITS!! :x :x :cry: GOD IN HEAVEN!! !! :cry:

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 3:44 pm

Shhh! Don't describe a new reason for Autism Speaks to get all pissy and mad! We will all be known as Demon Electric People (or, DEPs), instead of autistic. Hehe. :lol:

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Sylvastor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 3:45 pm

Escalators hate me and I regularily get a static shock when touching them/their railings.

Apart from that recurring phenomenon, it's pretty rare for me.

AspieUtah, you gave me a good chuckle. :D

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Apr 2016, 3:51 pm

I doubt it's to do with autism. I have been getting shocked a lot lately, though.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 4:27 pm

I don't know if it has anything to do with Autism but I have shocked at the places that were shocking to me lately. I could not find the source or reason why there was static buildup, it did not make sense. Happened to my friend too. We were at the barn, wooden floors and all that. She must have shocked that poor horse three times. 8O

Wreck It Ralph

lonely autistic
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2016, 4:59 pm

lol that was funny i agree

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:15 pm

It is really weird, in the theater where i do volunteers work i get electric shocks all the time, also when i touch the two cats living there, and i love cats very much, but i also do have three cats at home, and i never get electric shocks when i touch my cats at home.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:18 pm

Eloa wrote:
It is really weird, in the theater where i do volunteers work i get electric shocks all the time, also when i touch the two cats living there, and i love cats very much, but i also do have three cats at home, and i never get electric shocks when i touch my cats at home.

Does the theater have that carpet everywhere that most theaters have? That could be a reason.

Wreck It Ralph

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 5:31 pm

skibum wrote:
Eloa wrote:

Does the theater have that carpet everywhere that most theaters have? That could be a reason.

No, not much carpet at all (only about 8 meter in the entrance).
It is laminate or concrete or polyvinylchlorid or wood like stairs, but i get still skocks all the time, the cats coming up the stairs with me, i pet them and we get a shock,
but i don't think it has to do with autism, as there is another autist as well and he does not get the shocks permanently.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:17 pm

Ok... *reads symptoms listed in autism diagnostic criteria* *doesn't find anything which states that autistic people are more static*

Hmm, no, autistic people are not more static. Why would a neurological disorder cause a person to be more static?

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:21 pm

Eloa wrote:
skibum wrote:
Eloa wrote:

No, not much carpet at all (only about 8 meter in the entrance).
It is laminate or concrete or polyvinylchlorid or wood like stairs, but i get still skocks all the time, the cats coming up the stairs with me, i pet them and we get a shock,
but i don't think it has to do with autism, as there is another autist as well and he does not get the shocks permanently.

That is very peculiar. Maybe it's something with the material of you shoes or clothes. Very interesting.

Wreck It Ralph

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 6:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Ok... *reads symptoms listed in autism diagnostic criteria* *doesn't find anything which states that autistic people are more static*

Hmm, no, autistic people are not more static. Why would a neurological disorder cause a person to be more static?
That would be hilarious if Autistic people were more electric. Imagine the fun we could have going around shocking people when they annoyed us! :mrgreen:

Wreck It Ralph

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:07 pm

It's just you, and your electrifying personality!

But you probably do need to get more grounded.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:13 pm

Strange ... I work with electricity every day, and the last time I received a shock was back in '05 when someone though it would be funny to mis-wire a piece of test equipment that I was going to use.

He's still unemployed, by the way ... :lol: Now, THAT's funny!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 7:19 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
It's just you, and your electrifying personality!

But you probably do need to get more grounded.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Take a walk in the grass barefoot, about 15 minutes, and shuffle your feet around. That should ground you. It's a great habit to do regularly.

Wreck It Ralph

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 8:03 pm

Sylvastor wrote:
Escalators hate me and I regularily get a static shock when touching them/their railings.

Apart from that recurring phenomenon, it's pretty rare for me.

AspieUtah, you gave me a good chuckle. :D

Escalators have continuously moving plastic belts. They are Van De Graff generators.

As for Aspies accumulating static charges, do we shuffle our feet more than NTs? I know I do.