Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 12:59 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to share with you all. Today I have spoken about my life and sharing perspectives at the National Autism Conference in Melbourne, Australia.

Here is a link to my video that was recorded through the session. I hope you liked it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mypi0tQFRdU

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 10:54 pm

I am quite surprised nobody watched it. You are all aspies just like me and don't want to hear other aspie talking about their own lives?

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 11:51 pm

I am quite surprised nobody watched it. You are all aspies just like me and don't want to hear other aspie talking about their own lives?

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 12:40 am

It might just be the recording hardware, but I am having trouble understanding what you are saying in that video.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 1:43 am

mikeman7918 wrote:
It might just be the recording hardware, but I am having trouble understanding what you are saying in that video.

Huh? What you are talking about? Its loud and clear enough on Youtube and as well my video file on my computer. There is a couple of friends told me they couldn't hear me, but no one else have same problems as they did hear me well.

Maybe you people need to update your computers, or browsers.

KateCoco
Raven
Raven

07 May 2016, 3:10 am

I tried watching it but I couldn't hear it either - it's loud enough but the sound is indistinct. It sounds muffled/echoed. I don't hear very well in normal circumstances. But well done for doing the presentation!

boofle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 May 2016, 6:46 am

i'm sorry but i can't hear it with clarity either...some subtitles would help enormously for those of us with inferior sound 8O

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 7:23 am

Yeah, sorry Matt, I cant understand too well.

I can make it out a bit though. You said hello to everyone, spoke about your last time, spoke about your hobbies and interests, your trip to hong kong and working to your master's degree, your care for the environment.

It's not your voice, either.

I watched your inspiring speech video, and i can understand you very clearly.

It's just the volume on that video.

You can use video editing software to make it a bit louder.

I had youtube and my computer on maximum volune.

I left a comment on your inspiring speech video. I am T-FUTURE.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 7:37 am

You are a good presenter, Mathew! Speaking at a conference isn't like speaking on your own. At conferences, your speech is compared immediately to those of the other speakers. That fact must rattle even the most experienced conference speakers who aren't autistic and hearing impaired. You remained focused and well spoken.

Your subject matter suggests to me that you were part of a group of speakers introducing themselves and their lives within the contest of being autistic and having one or more social.

I enjoyed especially the last third of your presentation wherein you described campaigns to educate the public about autism. Your previous YouTube videos, including "Introducing my awareness" and "Inspiring speech this is not a disability," are even more impressive.

Thank you for sharing your presentation and other videos, Mathew! You are quite the motivator. :)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 8:01 am

I bet this will help you get chicks!

Seriously....it looks like you were well-organized.

I feel one of the problems that others are experiencing is the fact that your first language is not English. People probably heard you fine at the conference--but I wasn't able to hear you too well at first, though I was able to adjust somewhat in the process of listening to you.

You are doing quite well, Sir. Do yourself a favor, and forget about your active pursuit of love for now. I feel that you will succeed, ultimately.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 10:05 am

I couldn't listen to it. But, that is my specific audio issues. It had that 'ambient' sound that muddles my hearing on the human voice.

Drives me nuts because I can hear the differences between 'dubbed' and natural recordings because I can detect the harmonic changes.

So, I wanted you to know it's me. I can't watch those type of presentations unless it's recorded directly through the Mic, and not ambient recordings. It's also why I have trouble at any function like your presentation.

It's just that weird harmonic double up with a slight delay and my ears just go on the fritz.

With that said, congrats on doing something so public and positive.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 2:22 pm

It's true that I don't really enjoy watching people talk about their lives, unless I know them personally, or they had interesting experiences very outside my own experience, like fighting in a war, going to space, being an air traffic controller, etc, or very similar to my experience, in which case it is better to converse about it than watch someone talk about it. I avoid autism videos on youtube.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 9:29 pm

Thanks everyone for kind messages. I apologise for the audio. its confusing because my friends still can understand.

I am more than happy for you all to share it through the networks.

zkydz
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 9:36 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
Thanks everyone for kind messages. I apologise for the audio. its confusing because my friends still can understand.

I am more than happy for you all to share it through the networks.

It shouldn't be confusing as some of us just have aural processing issues. Gotta keep in mind that sometimes I can't understand regular TV....so that should put it in perspective.

RAADS-R -- 213.3
FQ -- 18.7
EQ -- 13
Aspie Quiz -- 186 out of 200
AQ: 42
AQ-10: 8.8

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 1:07 am

zkydz wrote:
It shouldn't be confusing as some of us just have aural processing issues.

I sure as heck have problems with auditory processing, I often have to ask people to repeat themselves even though my hearing is very good (perhaps a bit too good).

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2016, 6:01 pm

Is it possible any of you to share through the networks and that? I feel so ashamed of having low views on my Youtube video because of inattention. I feel bad for not having the numbers of expected.