Do you ever get angry when someone says something stupid?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

JonathanCampbell99
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 May 2016, 6:27 pm

I was watching Pointless and the topic was 'Countries that start with a letter in the first half of the alphabet', me and my dad were naming countries and my sister starts saying all this stupid and random **** (none of which were countries, might I add), they were mostly cities, continents and states of the US, I could feel myself getting angry, then my dad said Liechtenstein and he pronounced it as Lincoln-stein, I immediately caught on that and was going to correct him but I didn't, I just laughed at the way he pronounced it, when I was in college yesterday, we were answering questions about countries and I got most of the answers right, my tutor was getting really annoyed with me, it's not my fault that I knew the answers when others didn't :cry: Do any of you experience this? When you are so good at your special interest and then someone says something stupid which is related to your special interest but not to your question which makes you angry or annoyed?

Uncle
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 2:12 am

I think its just learning not to allow anger to control you when it doesn't need to, keep that energy for circumstances that may need that emotion.. We are all individual and learn things at different paces.. I dont really look at these moments as stupid on their behalf, just a little less learned.. We ALL have our moments and if i was to get upset about that i would be partly hypocritical to the moments where i am a little stupid myself.. It's a perspective thing :)