Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2007, 3:53 am

I was diagnosed at the early age of 5, i am now 16, and i really dont think i have aspergers. :?

I have always suffered from low self esteam, and social anxiety, and i do sometimes get anxious with direct eye contact, but only sometimes.

I dont think i really show any other symptoms of aspergers, as i dont really have any obsessions, and i do not collect anything.

And its also known that aspies are not good liers, well im a great lier. :lol:

Am i the only one here like this? or does anybody else feel this way? :?

krex
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 4:02 am

How do we not know you are lieing?.... :D

You maybe between obsession but if you never had any....well,mabe the wrong DX.Have you made a lot of friends lately?Enjoying the eye contact,yet?

A person with AS doesnt have to have ALL the traits.And we do learn to adapt,after all,there are many older aspies who survived without a DX.If you feel like the label doesnt fit then you dont have to wear it.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

11 May 2007, 4:03 am

You don't necessarily have to have obsessions to have asperger's.

Do you like routine? Do you get anxious if your routine changes?

Can you 'read' body language on other people?

There are so many other features of Asperger's.

Why don't you ask your parents if you can be assessed again?

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2007, 4:04 am

krex wrote:
How do we not know you are lieing?.... :D

You maybe between obsession but if you never had any....well,mabe the wrong DX.Have you made a lot of friends lately?Enjoying the eye contact,yet?

A person with AS doesnt have to have ALL the traits.And we do learn to adapt,after all,there are many older aspies who survived without a DX.If you feel like the label doesnt fit then you dont have to wear it.

I have made quite a lot of friends lately, i feel more open now than before. :D

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2007, 4:06 am

Smelena wrote:
You don't necessarily have to have obsessions to have asperger's.

Do you like routine? Do you get anxious if your routine changes?

Can you 'read' body language on other people?

There are so many other features of Asperger's.

Why don't you ask your parents if you can be assessed again?

I dont like routine to be honest, i just get up every morning and i dont even have a plan, i spend most of my time in my room doing all diffrent things when i am not at college, but i would much like to get out more. :)

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

11 May 2007, 4:08 am

Being one criteria short of an aspergers diagnosis suggest a PDD-NOS diagnosis.

Lateralus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2007, 4:15 am

Fraz_2006 wrote:
I was diagnosed at the early age of 5, i am now 16, and i really dont think i have aspergers. :?

I have always suffered from low self esteam, and social anxiety, and i do sometimes get anxious with direct eye contact, but only sometimes.

I dont think i really show any other symptoms of aspergers, as i dont really have any obsessions, and i do not collect anything.

No you are not i am now 21 and since about 16 i did and i now don't think i have Aspergers though i was statemented with it at 14 as you have said the good at lieing i can read people etc and even if i did have very mild Asperger's my current problems anxiety and depression are nothing to do with it and yes i know you can have it with AS. So fraz your not the only one i relate to what you are going through.

Fraz_2006
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 May 2007, 4:17 am

Lateralus wrote:
Fraz_2006 wrote:

No you are not i am now 21 and since about 16 i did and i now don't think i have Aspergers though i was statemented with it at 14 as you have said the good at lieing i can read people etc and even if i did have very mild Asperger's my current problems anxiety and depression are nothing to do with it and yes i know you can have it with AS. So fraz your not the only one i relate to what you are going through.

Thanks, nice to know im not alone. :D

ExeterChris
Toucan
Toucan

11 May 2007, 4:32 am

Sometimes I doubt I have it as well.
You might just have a milder version - like I believe I do.

It could also be that you have learned to adapt. From what my parents have told me, my symptoms were much more apparent when I was younger - and it is this which dispels my own doubts. I can't remember those times vividly myself.
Try to find out what your behaviour/activities were when you were much younger if you don't know.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 5:53 am

Maybe you're lying to yourself.

Or maybe you don't have it. Read up a bit about it, you can't judge your condition based on what people here write, either. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 6:18 am

Fraz_2006 wrote:

Maybe you're one of the Higher Functioning members, here at WrongPlanet. :)

Lateralus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 May 2007, 7:35 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
Fraz_2006 wrote:

Maybe you're one of the Higher Functioning members, here at WrongPlanet. :)

Or maybe not i wouid ask if your parents can get you assessed again i will probably end up doing it as well.

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 10:14 am

Well, my school's psychiatrist-intern- ...person thought I might have Asperger's, and so my mother looked up the symptoms online and had an "aha!"-moment. "This is you!", she said.
Through wikipedia I studied these symptoms myself, and sure, I can agree with some.
I think it might well be the case that I am aspergian, yet I reserve a critcal standpoint, as I have not been properly evaluated.

ExeterChris mentioned adaption. This sways my self-diagnosis in favor of mild asperger's, for I remember myself that I had some additional symptoms at a younger age.
I must say that if it is truly the case; I am slightly disappointed, as I always had the impression of aspergians being much more genious than I consider myself...

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

Prudence
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 May 2007, 8:25 pm

I doubt my own diagnosis; you're not alone.

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 8:43 pm

I'm the same as you Fraz_2006.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 11:42 pm

There's no law that says Aspies can't have friends. Maybe you are just growing up and finding your way in the world. As I got into my twenties and thirties are started to learn more how to act and talk around other people and make friends. Aspies can evolve.