Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

quietowl
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Jun 2016, 7:36 am

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. I've never met anyone who thinks like me, so i can't relate to anyone. i hate things that everyone else looks forward to, life is about getting through one horrible social situation after another. having a conversation with someone in a supermarket would send my head into a spin for the rest of the day. a friends wedding is something i dread for months, and will take my head days to recover afterwards.

I have been to the doctors, but after 5 minutes she didn't see anything outwardly wrong so they told me I'm 'fine'. I'm not fine. I just thought at least if I knew what it is then I could understand myself better.

the only help available for people in my situation is online forums such as this. it scares me to think that mental health services are actually being cut, when they're virtually nonexistent anyway.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 8:26 am

You need to go to your GP and ask for a referral for ASD diagnosis, the GP can't do anything to diagnose you and will almost certainly lack the skills, they are used to dealing with physical ailments, substance addiction, depression etc. If you don't fit one of those things you're outside of what they are comfortable with.