Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 8:43 pm

Ok. Found out we may move to a 3 acre house about a mile down the road. It's "out in the country" so to speak so not neighborhood suburb house next to house more open country type.

I heard this and broke down crying. I'll have to go to a much smaller room so I have to really condense what I have probably do a sweep and trash some stuff. :-( I surely can't fit 3 posters on a wall it'd be too cluttery. Mom/Dad even debated having my game systems in there and possibly play them in the living room.

The room isn't big enough for a hanging chair I use mom suggested an office chair. (I have back problems so laying on my bed = legs go numb so that's out of the question.)

With the acres we can get a big dog and let it roam so that's a plus. (small neighborhood home we had no room.)

Also I feel odd of sorts. Sure I'm home alone usually while they work/little sister school. But alone bustling neighborhood vs. "alone out in the country" are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS! I already deal with depression I don't want to become more depressed.

SURE I don't go out much so DUH does it matter but it does. You are more "alone" out in the country vs. houses next to each other. A quick hello to a neighbor GONE! Or seeing little kids on bikes GONE! the atmosphere would be GONE! Cars going by NOPE! Out on a long huge road middle of nowhere 1 mile away YES 5 min. to town AKA shopping YES but still

OUT IN THE COUNTRY ALL I KNOW IS "CITY" NEIGHBORHOOD LIFE!

HELP!

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 9:49 pm

I'm sorry, maybe I'm misunderstanding in where you live, or what you are saying... but how does one miles make that big of a difference? It can't possibly go from an active suburb to the wilderness in one mile... can it?

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 9:58 pm

Maybe it's a mile down a side road, far from civilization, not a mile from the suburb?

Still, where I live there are many places with concentrated suburbs near a highway. Usually with three or four roads pointing out toward other towns 8-10 miles away. Go a mile down one of those roads and sometimes you can't even see the suburbs any more.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 10:14 pm

Edenthiel wrote:
Maybe it's a mile down a side road, far from civilization, not a mile from the suburb?

Still, where I live there are many places with concentrated suburbs near a highway. Usually with three or four roads pointing out toward other towns 8-10 miles away. Go a mile down one of those roads and sometimes you can't even see the suburbs any more.

Correct! Barely 1 mile 2 mile away from where I live now and still 10 min. from Walmart local town stuff. But huge long road! Then acres and nice house. :-)