This is the most important election of my life because I'm autistic

Page 11 of 26 [ 403 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next

Happyhooker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2016, 1:09 pm

Also the only thing she did as Secretary of State was created treaty with united nation that stated that if New York ever declare martial law that the United Nations has the authority to come in and seize all Firearms legally owned or illegally owned. but let's see the only firearms of their going to know where to get are the ones legally owned. 8O

Happyhooker
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2016, 1:10 pm

TomS wrote:
This is the most discouraging election in my life. If American politics was a patient, I would say it's very ill.

I concur :lol:

nobodycaresaboutme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2016, 5:10 pm

my parents have a trump sign outside

makes sense why they neglect me

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 5:40 pm

TomS wrote:
If American politics was a patient, I would say it's very ill.

I think the patient has been ill for quite some time; my most rational argument for Trump is that he's the political equivalent of chemotherapy, that his election might be the poison that saves us by nearly killing us first.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 8:15 pm

...Bobby Kennedy and James Buckley diid the same thing (for the same seat , as a matter of fact) ~ That's how my native NYS's weird residency requirements roll , yo...........

TomS wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
One of them is a former Senator and Secretary of State. She is supremely qualified. You might not like her politics but she's just as qualified as Obama, McCain, or Romney.

She was elected to the Senate in a state where she never lived. A little fishy huh? Essentially a DNC manipulation/appointment.

She was appointed to Sec of State by Obama and as far as I can remember did nothing (not that her successor has done any better), but did manage to get involved in decisions and controversy that follow her to this day. Well no I take that back. She did accomplish something. She changed the unwritten code from 'No one left behind' to 'Just cover your own behind'.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 8:19 pm

...I do remember John Anderson , I was looking him up on Wikipedia t'other nite ~ He's still alive 8O .

auntblabby wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the dems at least throw me a crumb now and then, which is better than the brickbats I get from the righties.

Would you rather vote for someone like Stein who cares but would need a miracle to win, or a murdering psycho who's probably going to win and will start more wars?

I don't expect anybody else to get this, but in 1980 I voted for john Anderson because I was pissed at carter for bringing back draft registration. as a result, my vote deducted one for carter and helped to enable ronnie raygun to win, which just phuqed up the whole 80s decade for me. never made that mistake again.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2016, 8:28 pm

...Wh o is this elector you cite ? Where is s/he from ?
Just tell me their name and state , I imagine then I can find it myself without a link...
BTW , what is this seeming excuse for the insulting the Muslim Gold Star parents ? I've seen the defense made for Trump's stupid comments , " Well , Hillary was baiting him . " ?
And The Donald is unable to consciously decide what he's going to say ?
And he is supposed to be the President ?

DianeDennis wrote:
Let's keep in mind that being Autistic (I am myself, as are my two young adult kids) causes us to tend to believe what's being said even when it's a blatant lie.

I'm not saying that anyone is blatantly lying (meaning the candidates) but (for those of you who are old enough - I don't know the general age on the forum) hearken back to all of the elections where SO MANY promises were made by whoever was running at that particular time ... and the *majority* of the promises were broken, they were said *simply* to appeal to voters. Once they were in office the promises were forgotten and/or done completely opposite as promised.

Just because 'she' says she's 'about Autism' ... With her record what qualifies her to gain anyone's absolute support, including those with Autism (or Autistics should anybody be politically offended by the usage of a word)?

Maybe when Trump ends up in office he'll be more open to things that need to be changed, such as support for those adults with Autism as well as *their* families as well. Just because my kids are young adults now doesn't mean that it no longer affects me tremendously financially (and mentally/emotionally frankly).

*What* have we got to lose by voting him in? No one can say for sure that Hillary will follow through and I believe that with her record there are more people that *don't* trust her than do.

I don't care that he's offended people, heck he's offended me as a woman, but Hillary has offended me in a lot more ways than Trump has.

I don't believe her for a second; I believe that she's using the Autism platform to get votes from the massive amount of us that there are.

I also struggle with voting for the independents not because I don't agree with them but rather because my vote won't matter a damn thing (in regard to T vs. H) if I vote for someone other than one of the two major.

Unfortunately, the electoral votes decide it and those folks are *not* required to follow their state's vote.

Trump wins popular vote, but Hillary gets put into office because of the idiot electoral votes.

One guy who has an electoral vote has already come out and publicly stated that he will not vote for Trump even if Trump wins the popular vote in that guy's state.

So IMHO there's a *lot* more corruption in this election than meets the eye, and the corruption is going to get worse and worse if H is voted in...

Why did she have that mom and dad on her stage? To win those votes.

But what about Benghazi? She and Obama both refused to help (she was 'resting' and he was on vacation based on what I read) and we lost several great men ... and then recently she laughed about it, on camera, along with saying "what does it matter now?".

Do we really want someone like that, someone who feels no regret no nothing except humor when they have a hand (direct or indirect) in the killing?

Sure I had a hand in the guys being killed (by not doing anything about it) but hey, he's dead now so what does it matter?

How about "hey yeah sure I had an indirect hand in the death of many people with Autism but those people are dead now so what does it matter, they're gone so it's over and done with". (Obviously an over-the-top example but sometimes that's what's needed to bring those of us with Autism back into reality)

I've also read that the majority of top army/navy/etc. officials as well as retired vets are voting for T. That's got to say something right?

But, to each his own... (and I do truly mean that - we all have a right to vote for who we wish without being attacked for it so I do honestly mean it when I say 'to each his own'). :D

May the best most honest candidate win, whoever that might be...

nobodycaresaboutme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2016, 11:53 pm

LookWhoItIs wrote:
I'm a #NeverTrump Republican (voted for Rubio in the primary), but this idea that being pro-disability rights mean you have to support bigger government (i.e. more spending, more regulation) and/or opposing bigger government means you are anti-disability rights is a fallacy.

We should be rejecting Trump because he is the manifestation of all the worst characteristics of neurotypicals!

pretty much
if im denied rights, ill become a terrorist. nt because i terrorize but because ill be considered legally a sub human. fighing for my freedom would then make me a terrorist. land of bigotry and egos, 'murricah

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2016, 3:30 pm

Although I do not want to vote for any of the candidates, I am not comfortable with abstaining either. I guess I see it as my obligation to at least choose the so-called 'lesser of evils'.

But there has been the rub. For the life of me I can't figure out who that is, other then eliminate the two minor parties, since just a little research reveals that is where the nut-job vote resides.

But now I think I have finally found a way to decide and in a way it has been right in front of me all this time. See, I am a Pennsylvanian.

So on the morning of Nov 8th, I will walk out outside and if I see my shadow I will vote for Hillary. If I don't then its Donald.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 3:33 pm

I don't know how it could be any more plain to my fellow aspies, who the lesser of two evils is, from the aspie standpoint. only one of the two candidates will do immeasurable [and probably irreversible] harm to most of us. the other candidate will at least be able to hold back the worst of it coming from congress.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2016, 4:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I don't know how it could be any more plain to my fellow aspies, who the lesser of two evils is, from the aspie standpoint. only one of the two candidates will do immeasurable [and probably irreversible] harm to most of us. the other candidate will at least be able to hold back the worst of it coming from congress.

Aunt Blabby, I was joking of course. Besides I could rig my vote by walking out at 3am. :wink: Unlike many partisans here I think you look at things reasonably. So I will try and reply in kind.

Leaving the usual political lip service behind I don't think either party actually buys the idea that Aspies or anyone on the spectrum is or can be valuable members of society. I think what most often comes to there minds when you mention us is people like Adam Lanza. A totally erroneous stereotype, but what they really believe.

I am not sure what the Repubs have in mind, if anything, but the Dems seem to have fallen in line with Autism Speaks. The only actual action I am aware of in recent years, was the Presidents pledging several 10's of millions to support a Autism Speaks autism genetic marker research project. I think they want to do the genome of 1000s of Auties.

This research has nothing to do with incorporating us into society as valued members. It is of primary importance for eugenics however, and would likely be handled like Down Syndrome is today in some places (like the USA). If they can reliably inform pregnant moms and fathers the fetus will have autism...

This is their 'cure'. Stop autism at its source.

But autism is on the rise, and increasingly believed to be as much due to environmental factors as genetics. So a big factor in the actual source is environmental pollution. No one is talking about that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 7:33 pm

auntblabby wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
the dems at least throw me a crumb now and then, which is better than the brickbats I get from the righties.

Would you rather vote for someone like Stein who cares but would need a miracle to win, or a murdering psycho who's probably going to win and will start more wars?

I don't expect anybody else to get this, but in 1980 I voted for john Anderson because I was pissed at carter for bringing back draft registration. as a result, my vote deducted one for carter and helped to enable ronnie raygun to win, which just phuqed up the whole 80s decade for me. never made that mistake again.

Stop thinking about domestic tripe. We're talking about millions more people dying.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 10:51 pm

"domestic tripe" - my, that is harshly condescending talk, such language cuts people to the quick in a forum meant for mutual support. :shameonyou:
until there is such a thing as a "united nations of earth" which gives me voting power over things of international import, I will leave such to the statesmen, and continue to vote in the united states of America, for things of concern to my people, and anybody who tells me to do otherwise, I will respectfully ignore.

factotum666
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2016, 11:52 pm

I was a ron paul delegate to the 2008 State republican convention here in nevada. That experience lead me to post a 6000+ word post that I called Orwells boot. Starting about 4 mo after that post in early 2009 a search on the two words orwells boot will return my article as #1 on all search engines unless some paid links are ahead of it.

Anyway, I was at the DMV today and they had voter registration people out front. As you may guess I tend to be libertarian in my politics, but since the advent of trump, being a republican has made me feel, quite literally, unclean. I changed my registration to libertarian. I feel cleansed.

Oh ... and visit trumpthechimp.com

Oh. And Alex. You never did get back to me, as you said that you would, about using my matching program to introduce aspies to each other. It is how I met my SO of 30 years. She, like me, is a very unusual individual --- among other things the first journeywoman cabinet maker in the state of Colo. and a graduate of RISDI She teaches elementary art.

My system is way better than yours. Much more sophisticated and complex, but can really match outliers like her and me. And I am way more unusual than your typical aspie.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 10:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
"domestic tripe" - my, that is harshly condescending talk, such language cuts people to the quick in a forum meant for mutual support. :shameonyou:
until there is such a thing as a "united nations of earth" which gives me voting power over things of international import, I will leave such to the statesmen, and continue to vote in the united states of America, for things of concern to my people, and anybody who tells me to do otherwise, I will respectfully ignore.

I'm trying to support people who keep getting killed by insane politicians. Your vote in the US has lots of impact on the rest of the world, as the US is such a superpower. Voting Clinton in will cost more people their lives across the world.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 10:41 am

factotum666 wrote:
I was a ron paul delegate to the 2008 State republican convention here in nevada. That experience lead me to post a 6000+ word post that I called Orwells boot. Starting about 4 mo after that post in early 2009 a search on the two words orwells boot will return my article as #1 on all search engines unless some paid links are ahead of it.

Anyway, I was at the DMV today and they had voter registration people out front. As you may guess I tend to be libertarian in my politics, but since the advent of trump, being a republican has made me feel, quite literally, unclean. I changed my registration to libertarian. I feel cleansed.

Oh ... and visit trumpthechimp.com

Oh. And Alex. You never did get back to me, as you said that you would, about using my matching program to introduce aspies to each other. It is how I met my SO of 30 years. She, like me, is a very unusual individual --- among other things the first journeywoman cabinet maker in the state of Colo. and a graduate of RISDI She teaches elementary art.

My system is way better than yours. Much more sophisticated and complex, but can really match outliers like her and me. And I am way more unusual than your typical aspie.

I can respect that.