Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 9:13 am

I have hugging addiction (with the opposite sex). I constantly crave for hugs especially when I'm feeling insecure. But I can't get hugs all the time. Sometimes I'm so desperate that I ask people for it and it is rather embarassing... And if I don't get hugs when I need it, I would go into this anxiety state and then depression and I just go down down down...

My therapist and I have been working on this problem for a while now. She's a good therapist, the best I've had so far. But I feel that since we've been trying to solve this problems, it has gone worse.

I just want to know, does anyone share the same problem with me? I feel so hopeless... I see no solution... altough my therapist kept reassuring me that I'll overcome it one day.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 9:21 am

Can I just say, I have never heard of a hugging addiction.

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 9:22 am

I got to this point for a little while. .__. I made a few people really uncomfortable for a bit there. I think the worst thing I ever did was pay a friend to let me just hug her for a few minutes. >________< It is NOT cool feeling that dependent on something like that.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 9:28 am

Freak_Contagion wrote:
I got to this point for a little while. .__. I made a few people really uncomfortable for a bit there. I think the worst thing I ever did was pay a friend to let me just hug her for a few minutes. >________< It is NOT cool feeling that dependent on something like that.

8O paying a friend...
I begged my friend for hugs... and I had to lie to him that I'm breaking up with my bf... and when he realised that my bf and I are still together, he stopped :(
so how did you get over it? I feel like it'll never be over...

This thing is killing me. I'm feeling so suicidal right now. I want to break up with my bf (we are super long distance), but I just can't. He is the only person in the world who really cares about me and love me for who I am ( except for the hugging addiction bit).

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 11:19 am

I got a friend who was so physically affectionate that I had almost all the hugginess I needed. Until it started to bug her too. xD.... But by then, I was fairly okay, and I'm still feeling okay.

So I dunno... find someone you can hug until you start to get tired of it? I think it helps if you have to initiate the action, and not just be hugged, but hug, because that requires you to be doing something that you can get a little more tired of. The girl I paid to hug was just holding me, which I don't think I could ever get tired of. >.<;

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 11:23 am

I had a hugging addiction, three years ago. Part of it, was Sid from Flushed Away. :O)

Sefirato
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2010, 11:47 am

This is interesting! I also have a hugging addiction, only to the opposite sex of course. However, I don't go out of my way to try to find someone to hug, even though I'd love to do that. Paying for one... good one! I am a cuddly type of person, which my ex-wife was not too crazy about. I just hope that I find someone to be with that I can have the hugging back. Last time I had a such thing was last March.

Leander
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 May 2010, 11:58 am

I crave a good hug from time to time as well, although I wouldn't want one from just anyone.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20002312-1.html

Maybe a Haptic hug vest would make your long distance relationship more bearable :)

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 12:03 pm

I find hugs very pleasant, but if anyone from Free Hugs touched me, I'd punch them.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 12:03 pm

Strictly speaking I didn't pay her, at least in cash. I bought her Gaia cash for her Gaia Online account. >____< Still... that was crazy. One of the more regrettable things I've done.

Yeah though, to expand on my advice, it'd be helpful I think, if the person is gonna get gradually less interested in letting you hug him over time too, so you have more reinforcement to stop, like my friend (not the one I paid :oops: ) did. >.>

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 1:10 pm

I have never heard of a hugging addiction :lol: I recommend just piling lots of blankets on yourself. It feels nice :)

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 1:50 pm

http://www.hugmachine.org/

Freak_Contagion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 May 2010, 1:54 pm

Wow, that haptic vest sounds awesome. It could even lead to sexual harrassment! =D... No though, it really does sound awesome.

I enjoy random PMs. ^.^

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 4:56 pm

I am afraid of hugs right now becasue If I get one, it would hurt if I knew I would not get another. To me a hug is a combination of a physical and emotional sensations. I am in between relationships and a hug to early might encourage me to rush a new relationship that I need to be slow at getting into.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2010, 6:42 pm

I like to hug my cat a lot. She doesn't.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 May 2010, 6:54 am

I have a solution; Find a guy who likes hugging you a lot. It will not solve the hugging addiction but if he's around a lot & is willing to hug; you will be able to fill your desire for a hug. If your hugging addiction is because you feel insecure perhaps talking about how you feel insecure about wanting it with a therapist is making you more insecure. Not sure if that makes sense :?

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition