Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Oct 2016, 11:49 pm

I was wondering are we not equipped to deal with the ''NT'' life? if the brain is like a hard drive is it possible we don't have the GB or TB to take in and load up the world around us?

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 11:58 pm

who says that life has to be set up in their favor. Society is a composite of its forces and it can be altered. There is the potential for a future where things are more integrated.

JustDoYouOK
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2016, 12:06 am

I was confused why i have a hard time working the same hours as a NT and also squeezing everything else in, I know NT's get tired and are human also but it seems they are not as phased as I am or don't have anxiety and digestive issues

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 12:47 am

My brain is more like a manual typewriter that gets jammed when you hit too many keys at the same time.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 1:03 am

^^^^
This

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 6:19 am

My brain is like a TV with all the channels on at once (100+ channels!) It never stops thinking, in words, pictures and emotions, all combined.

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 3:11 pm

My brain is highly compartmentalized. I can only load one compartment at any given moment. At that moment, all of the other compartments are inaccessible.

If I try to load a new compartment, I need to "reticulate splines", which takes a long time. If I try to load a new compartment while keeping the previous one loaded also, some information will become corrupted, possibly followed by a crash.

What this literally means is:
I can focus on one type of task (hygiene, eating healthy, exercising more, feeding and walking my dog, grooming my dog, training him, cleaning the house, doing errands outside, going to appointments, working, improving mental skills (a.k.a. studying), learning about my special interest, sensory diet, relaxing...) at a time (in a day, over a week, over a couple months).

The longer I focus on a single type of task (months), the better I do. 8)
I am comfortable with switching to a new task at the beginning of each week. :|
I can not switch tasks in one day. :evil:

Meanwhile, I am usually neglecting all of the other tasks. And several of these tasks need to be done daily (MINIMUM TO AVOID HEALTH PROBLEMS: I need to eat and take care of my hygiene, my dog needs to eat, be walked, and be groomed; that is four different tasks). I do not know how people do it. :cry:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Zizu58
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2016, 3:45 pm

JustDoYouOK wrote:
I was wondering are we not equipped to deal with the ''NT'' life? if the brain is like a hard drive is it possible we don't have the GB or TB to take in and load up the world around us?

I saw something the other day referring to Aspergers .....it said that its nothing to do with us having slow processors we simply have different operating systems ( OS) ....

Knofskia
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 3:58 pm

Zizu58 wrote:
JustDoYouOK wrote:

I saw something the other day referring to Aspergers .....it said that its nothing to do with us having slow processors we simply have different operating systems ( OS) ....

Some of us have both. :cry:

Weak Emerging Social Communicator (The Social Thinking-­Social Communication Profile by Michelle Garcia Winner, Pamela Crooke and Stephanie Madrigal)

"I am silently correcting your grammar." :lol:

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm

No matter what setup, explore it. See it's features and bugs.
It could be hard to some, just find anything you might able to access or modify and see it's effects. Or eventually unlock or discover something that may or may not help your system.

Focus too much on maintenance, you're likely exhaust yourself before having enough process to explore your system that may help you in the long run.
And untangling why there's too many processes is hard! I just happened figure how to get rid of that problem too soon.

Yes, we're not equipped for NT lifestyle. But I want more than just NT lifestyle: Something less needy than that. :lol: But more or less as simple as either...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 8:11 am

Raleigh wrote:
My brain is more like a manual typewriter that gets jammed when you hit too many keys at the same time.

LOL that is one of the best descriptions I have ever seen.

Zizu58
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2016, 7:23 pm

I read somewhere that Aspergers brains have a slow processor but I see mine as simply having a different OS ( operating system ) ....

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2016, 12:50 am

Actually... here is a visual reference on why we are different

beyondbacon
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Nov 2016, 5:53 am

Zizu58 wrote:
I read somewhere that Aspergers brains have a slow processor but I see mine as simply having a different OS ( operating system ) ....

I agree with that.

My brain has a perfectly adequate processor, it's just running an incredibly buggy operating system with poorly optimized software, half of which was written for a different operating system and needs to run in emulation.

For one thing, my brain's OS doesn't support preemptive multitasking; it only supports cooperative multitasking.

Zizu58
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2016, 4:59 pm

beyondbacon wrote:
Zizu58 wrote:

I agree with that.

My brain has a perfectly adequate processor, it's just running an incredibly buggy operating system with poorly optimized software, half of which was written for a different operating system and needs to run in emulation.

For one thing, my brain's OS doesn't support preemptive multitasking; it only supports cooperative multitasking.

We're thinking the same way it seems :)

Whilst I struggle to concentrate in certain situations and on menial tasks... When I'm focused and interested in something - I can work on a different level to anyone in my life / work / family ..

Private Idaho
Toucan
Toucan

08 Nov 2016, 8:37 pm

beyondbacon wrote:

Lol. I think my brain has a bad config.sys file.