Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

FlySwine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Joined: 24 May 2016
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 82

01 Feb 2017, 1:10 pm

Does anyone who is diagnosed score below 7 on this short test?

http://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/tests/AQ10.pdf



Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Sep 2012
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,522
Location: Positive-minded

01 Feb 2017, 1:38 pm

Not me.



NikNak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Joined: 6 Aug 2016
Age: 28
Gender: Female
Posts: 223
Location: Scotland

01 Feb 2017, 1:59 pm

I get 6 which I believe is the cut-off.


_________________
Diagnosed ASD Aug 2016, confirmed Dec 2016.
Also have OCD and various 'issues'.


Noca
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 May 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,599
Location: Canada

01 Feb 2017, 2:00 pm

8 / 9 as I don't understand question 5 to answer it.


_________________
The top gets higher the more that I climb...

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism


the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jan 2008
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,489
Location: up from the ashes

01 Feb 2017, 3:19 pm

Noca wrote:
8 / 9 as I don't understand question 5 to answer it.


My guess is that if you don't understand question 5, you've scored a point on that question.



EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,001
Location: Cool places

01 Feb 2017, 9:00 pm

I got a perfect 10 :P


_________________
~Zinc Alloy aka. Russell~

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~


Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 818

01 Feb 2017, 9:13 pm

FlySwine wrote:
Does anyone who is diagnosed score below 7 on this short test?

http://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/tests/AQ10.pdf

I scored right at 7. If I took it on another day I might get less, and could see lower scores still being realized by diagnosable aspies.

Noca wrote:
8 / 9 as I don't understand question 5 to answer it.

"read between the lines" refers to nonverbal communication. When someone means something beyond what they're saying. Like if someone wants to ask you on a date and might say, "Would you like to get a coffee?" It's usually code for "go on a date/go out". The option to turn down coffee is less personal and sounds more polite than having to say "no, I don't want to go out with you".

Another example is sarcasm. Someone's had a bad day and they say "Oh yeah, today has been greeeeaaaat..." emphasizing the word that means the opposite of reality to create a sharp contrast without being directly negative.



liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2016
Age: 52
Gender: Male
Posts: 479
Location: Cornwall, UK

02 Feb 2017, 2:37 am

10/10


_________________
Diagnosed: Asperger's Syndrome (ICD-10)
Self-Diagnosed: Aphantasia
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 152 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.


Jo_B1_Kenobi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jan 2016
Age: 50
Gender: Female
Posts: 412
Location: UK

02 Feb 2017, 8:10 am

Nope - I got 9.


_________________
"That's no moon - it's a spacestation."

Diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ICD10)


Noca
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 May 2015
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,599
Location: Canada

02 Feb 2017, 11:38 am

Exuvian wrote:
FlySwine wrote:
Does anyone who is diagnosed score below 7 on this short test?

http://docs.autismresearchcentre.com/tests/AQ10.pdf

I scored right at 7. If I took it on another day I might get less, and could see lower scores still being realized by diagnosable aspies.

Noca wrote:
8 / 9 as I don't understand question 5 to answer it.

"read between the lines" refers to nonverbal communication. When someone means something beyond what they're saying. Like if someone wants to ask you on a date and might say, "Would you like to get a coffee?" It's usually code for "go on a date/go out". The option to turn down coffee is less personal and sounds more polite than having to say "no, I don't want to go out with you".

Another example is sarcasm. Someone's had a bad day and they say "Oh yeah, today has been greeeeaaaat..." emphasizing the word that means the opposite of reality to create a sharp contrast without being directly negative.

Then I would have 9/10 then. Thanks.


_________________
The top gets higher the more that I climb...

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 17,376
Location: Maidstone, UK

02 Feb 2017, 4:37 pm

I wish it wasn't a read-only. I can't work out my score.


_________________
Female
Aged 29
On antidepressants
Diagnosed with AS, ADHD and anxiety disorder


MentalIllnessObsessed
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 22 Jul 2016
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Posts: 193
Location: Ontario, Canada

02 Feb 2017, 7:25 pm

Sorry. I scored 10/10 for the this test.


_________________
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 148 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Dx Autism Spectrum Disorder - Level 1, learning disability - memory and fine motor skills, generalized and social anxiety disorder
Unsure if diagnosed with OCD and/or depression, but were talked about with my old/former pdoc and doctor.

Criteria for my learning disability is found at this link:
http://www.ldao.ca/wp-content/uploads/LDAO-Recommended-Practices-for-Assessment-Diagnosis-Documentation-of-LDs1.pdf


glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

User avatar

Joined: 8 Nov 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,056
Location: USA

02 Feb 2017, 7:26 pm

I am probably in the 8 to 9 score range on this one.


_________________
"My journey has just begun."


Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 16 Aug 2016
Age: 40
Gender: Male
Posts: 818

02 Feb 2017, 7:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I wish it wasn't a read-only. I can't work out my score.

I numbered 1 to 10 straight down in a text document, then typed my abbreviated responses (DA,SA,SD,DD) for each number. Then just add a +1 after that for each # where a point is scored. For me, it worked much better than trying to remember everything.



somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 3 Jun 2016
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 995

02 Feb 2017, 8:42 pm

I only scored a 4 or 5 (I can't answer #2.) And I'm officially diagnosed, with a history of childhood dx. That test is based on really narrow steriotypes. And misses lots of ways that ASD's core symptoms show up in many people.