Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 2:01 pm

Programme about a family with disabilities one boy has autism tonight 11pm on ITV (UK)

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 2:33 pm

Real Families, it's called. Here's a synopsiis (from DigiGuide):

Quote:
DOCUMENTARY: Real Families
On: ITV1 Granada
Date: Sunday 20th May 2007
Time: 23:00 to 00:00 (1 hour long)

Diary of a Mother on the Edge.
Documentary about Henrietta Spink, the mother whose determination to find a better life for her two disabled sons Henry and Freddie culminated in the difficult decision for the family to leave their life behind, sell their house and travel around the world to find help when assistance was not offered in the UK. The programme follows them to America, where they desperately search for a medical professional who can offer treatment to the boys.
(Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)

Star
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 May 2007, 3:42 pm

Oh God!
Let's help cure, fix and make normal these poor Aspie kids!! !! !! !

Hold on a second while I am puking here...

Thanks I feel better now.

Star

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 6:19 pm

All the media I see on autism is too negative. If it isn't too much trouble, could someone put the show on youtube? I'm in America.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 4:44 am

She wasn't really looking for a cure for autism, the tv guide has slightly misinterpreted that. The younger son suffered from severe mental retardation, but unusually brain scans revealed no abnormalities. The upshot of the trip to America was scientists found a blockage in his brain and if this was relieved the boy would perhaps beable to walk and talk. You cannot criticise people for finding help for severely disabled people, to spend every day feeding someone, changing 10 nappies a day, carrying a teenager must be quite a challenge. She was just intent on finding something to help them function better and thus the whole family would have a better quality of life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 6:52 am

fresco wrote:
She wasn't really looking for a cure for autism, the tv guide has slightly misinterpreted that. The younger son suffered from severe mental retardation, but unusually brain scans revealed no abnormalities. The upshot of the trip to America was scientists found a blockage in his brain and if this was relieved the boy would perhaps beable to walk and talk. You cannot criticise people for finding help for severely disabled people, to spend every day feeding someone, changing 10 nappies a day, carrying a teenager must be quite a challenge. She was just intent on finding something to help them function better and thus the whole family would have a better quality of life.

I'm lucky that I only have to change one or two a day. :lol:

On a more serious note, there are two sides to every coin.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2007, 6:59 am

I didn't bother watching this. You hear about these cases often anyway, and from the few minutes I spent watching it these kids are not like people with Asperger's.