Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 10:54 pm

I'm done here...... I'll maintain contact with the friends I have made here, but this board is getting overran by trendy emo kids and immature childish morons. This isn't even hardly an autism board anymore, it's just here to whore our community out to NT fashion trends of pretending to be disabled to seek pity from people. Honestly it disgusses me. I can't even state common since facts without people chewing my head off and getting over-emotional of the fact that the truth isn't totally biased in their favor. I've clearly got better things to do in my time than to argue common since with so-called "intellectual" spoiled emo tards. To the few here who are cool, take care and may happiness find you. To the rest of you, well you can rot in hell for all I care.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 11:01 pm

See ya back in a week.

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 11:07 pm

snake321 wrote:
I'm done here...... I'll maintain contact with the friends I have made here, but this board is getting overran by trendy emo kids and immature childish morons. This isn't even hardly an autism board anymore, it's just here to whore our community out to NT fashion trends of pretending to be disabled to seek pity from people. Honestly it disgusses me. I can't even state common since facts without people chewing my head off and getting over-emotional of the fact that the truth isn't totally biased in their favor. I've clearly got better things to do in my time than to argue common since with so-called "intellectual" spoiled emo tards. To the few here who are cool, take care and may happiness find you. To the rest of you, well you can rot in hell for all I care.

It's sad to see you go man - we joined around the same time. Yes, what you do say is true in part, but you know this place can really be great at times. Every now and then that great topic will pop up that's right on your level, or you will reach a new level of knowledge and understanding after reading another poster's insights into something.

If you go, those 'emo tards' win - it's veterans like us who can turn this war around. But we need the numbers!

P.S. Don't go, take a break and come back, take care etc. etc. Have fun man.

EDIT: Sorry Ramsus, we both need to watch our words I think.

Last edited by Mitch8817 on 18 May 2007, 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 11:21 pm

I'm also sorry to hear that one of our own wants to leave. There's one question that's really on my mind: Who honestly has AS or Autism? One of the types of people that I can't stand are liars. As for me, don't even try to call me a liar because AS really hampers my ability to deceive. Sometimes I wish that Alex would come up with a way to ban NTs from this site, but not all the time, though. It's a good thing that some of these forums are off limits to NTs because some of these topics are nobody else's business if they don't really understand in one way or another.

As for you, Ramsus, that was very rude of you. I may of laughed at first, but sometimes you have to take things like this seriously. We are here to support each other, not offend each other!

Last edited by Yoshie777 on 18 May 2007, 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ramsus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 May 2007, 11:28 pm

You're right. I apologize.

Yoshie777
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2007, 11:32 pm

Apology accepted, Ramsus.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

17 May 2007, 11:36 pm

Yoshie777 wrote:
Sometimes I wish that Alex would come up with a way to ban NTs from this site. It's a good thing that some of these forums are off limits to NTs.

Its unlikely NTs on WP or those who think they have AS but really are NTs on WP are the root of the OP-ster problems here. His problems here can be largely be explained by his own AS.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 12:54 am

TheMachine1 wrote:
Its unlikely NTs on WP or those who think they have AS but really are NTs on WP are the root of the OP-ster problems here. His problems here can be largely be explained by his own AS.

I agree with you on this. Either that, or it's yet another case of someone projecting their own issues onto other people. I haven't a clue who these "emo tards" are supposed to be anyhow. I've been aroud here for a while, and honestly, it's like it's always been here.

Besides, this happens regularly on online forums. Someone shows up, stays a few months and then thinks that somehow it's not like it used to be in the "good old days" (i.e, whenever they showed up) and now it is overrun with people they deem beneath them. I don't pretend to undertsand this weird phenomenon, but it happens on all the forums I've participated on for any length of time.

P-We
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 May 2007, 1:01 am

Sorry you're going Snake - I'm only here a little while but I'll be here a lot longer given half a chance.

I have no idea how the idea of banning NTs would ever be implemented, even if it was a good idea. Are you suggesting that peeps shouldn't get an account until they provide a doctor's note or something?? And what about all those like me who aren't formally diagnosed? I have been made so welcome here, it would be a shame if that changed.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 1:02 am

snake321 wrote:
To the rest of you, well you can rot in hell for all I care.

Right back at you, pal. Who are you?

As you can see, I'm not an advocate of the nice, fluffy form of "support" that Yoshie's pushing. Never had much use for it myself. However, I respect people...up until they tell me to go rot in hell. Then I prefer to switch to brutal honesty - that is, on a forum with hundreds of members, you're essentially no one to most of us here. So this big announcement is just narcissism in my book. Get over yourself. You should have be more dignified and simply PM'd those few people you deem worthy, then left quietly. Now, when you do inevitably return, people like me will simply think you're an attention-seeking a$$. Or should I say "emo tard"?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 1:05 am

Well..I hope I am not one of the problem people...I try to stay on the level as much as possible...I don't even call myself self-diagnosed...it sez in the mission statement that this board is for ADDers too....and I repeat that part about me over and over again just so people know where I am coming from...I hang out here 'cause I can strongly relate to the "Aspie" community....at least I think I can...

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 2:00 am

Dude, I'm sorry that you feel you have to leave.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 3:10 am

I know what you mean snake.
Good luck and keep in touch.

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 4:51 am

I only came here recently and even though i am not diagnosed or official anything, this would explain alot of the questions I've had about me and my life. Reading what some of you wrote actually made me cry at times--- I felt like "FINALLY someone knows what I've felt all these years!". I have, over time, gotten better at some things socially and hold a job, have a home, etc. I still feel like an outsider mostly and prefer my own company to most others, but I can handle most things ( even if it takes some time).
I only want to thank the folks who've made me feel welcome here. I think it would be awful for anyone to come onto a board with the only purpose being to mess it up.

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 6:13 am

Yo snake I really have no idea what you are talking about. I think you are referring to the seemingly unmoderated spam in GAD. If you are then I tend to agree it's not particularly useful. That said, it's easy to look past it. There are plenty of sections here where you can have a great discussion. I won't cry for you if don't come back, but I will know that your are missing out on some good times. Anyways do as you please.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 7:55 am

Kosmonaut wrote:
I know what you mean snake.
Good luck and keep in touch.

^^ and I'll be seeing you elsewhere. :wink: