Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 8:39 am

This morning is it the Beatle's Dr. Robert

I can get more than one song stuck...i am also capable of having the same song last for days..off and on..

Occasionally I will try to break the spell my learning how to play the song...but that's only a theory of mine and doesn't always work.

nobodyzdream
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 9:21 am

I don't always have music in my head, but I have particular songs I like listening to, and will actually make whole CDs just for these specific songs at the time so I can listen to them every time I get into my car. It really sucks when I find a new song and have to make a new CD to add to it, lol. I have a LOT of CDs with exactly the same songs I've been listening for 2 years now-all with minor changes.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 9:36 am

I don't get the music constantly - but if an external stimulus trips the trigger, the song pops into my head. For instance, where I work, there are two floor assistants named Joe. Obviously, one gets called Joe, and the other JoJo. So, when someone calls out, "Hey, Joe!", my mind insists on finishing, "Where you goin' with that gun in your hand?"

And calls to JoJo pull up, "JoJo was a man who thought he was a loner/But he knew it couldn't last..."

Also, if I get bored, various songs run through my head. If I get an earworm I don't like, however, I've found I can usually drive it out with one I do like (for instance, if I start getting one of the songs from "Go Diego Go!" stuck in there, I can get rid of it by singing, say, "Veteran of the Psychic Wars" to myself).

girl7000
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 1:14 pm

Yes, I have this too.

Sometimes I get musical 'cravings' and unless I can listen to the piece of music in question fairly quickly, it drives me mad!

SarahR
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2007, 1:30 pm

Yep, always have music. When I'm lucky, it's just kind of being made up as it goes on and is very soothing. When I'm unlucky, it's one song I know on repeat until I can drive it out with something else I know ("Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" works well).

About Me: Pronoun. The objective case of I. A two letter word composed of the 13th and 5th letters of the alphabet.

Crimson_King
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2007, 1:53 pm

Always.I have Fear of a blank planet by Porcupine Tree stuck in my head right now.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 2:24 pm

Hardly ever, though I rarely listen to music. I'm usually talking to myself, if not otherwise engaged with the internet/a show/game/book/whatever.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2007, 5:12 pm

I have a pretty large repertoire of "mental music" I play to help pass the time when I'm working.
Another one of my favorite stims.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 7:13 pm

I find that this happens to me, all the time.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

19 May 2007, 10:01 pm

id say i have and off and on bm album constintly playing, but really only if i havent listend to it in awile

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 11:52 pm

Ya, almost all the time. Usually I'm not concentrating on it; it just plays like background music to my life.

maldoror
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 12:18 am

Does anyone else get random phrases in their head repeating over and over again?

skahthic
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2007, 2:51 am

I have "theme music" in my head all the time.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2007, 3:48 am

I like nearly everyone else in here , have music in my head for every waking moment (and sleeping moments for all I know !)

I am constantly whistling some song or other.

I also have a CD player in EVERY room in the house ( and car , of course ) plus one for the garden !

I have copies of all my music on an 20 GB MP3 player plus A couple hundred of my fave tunes on my phone ! !!

So if I'm not listening and singing along - I am whistling along to music in my head ! !

Don't ya just LOVE music ! !! !!

:)

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 May 2007, 9:18 am

PLA wrote:
There is always music in my head. Any music. It doesn't even matter wether I like it or not.
How about you?

Thats exactly the same for me.

mizkathy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2007, 10:48 am

I heard that's an ADD trait. Sometimes I get music stuck in my head.